Turn on thread page Beta

I’m 16 and I like a 21 year old watch

I’m 16 at the moment I’m turning 17 in April. I met this guy called Brett he’s 21, I met him on New Years with his friend Zane. Brett gave me the cold shoulder further as the night goes along we end up communicating and I ended up in his bed. Weeks later still til this day me and him talk, he said he liked me but I’m not quite sure in which way he likes me, in a friend or more then a friend. I’m just thinking is me talking to 21 year old bad? Because all always wants to hang out with me and he calls me cute and stuff but I dunno if I’m getting mixed signals. My best friend said that is yuck the ages difference but now I’m second guessing even talking to him
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The age gap between my parents is 5 Years. It seems normal since they are old but it seems different when you are younger. I think it is a little wrong right now but if you waited till you were a little older like 18 or so then it would be more acceptable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The age gap between my parents is 5 Years. It seems normal since they are old but it seems different when you are younger. I think it is a little wrong right now but if you waited till you were a little older like 18 or so then it would be more acceptable
    Why is it wrong now? The only issue is they can't go to clubs together.

ReputationRep:
    5 years isn't much especially since women tend to mature quicker.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad on your side, but on his side yes it's bad.

Hey, I'd be careful. You are 16, so you are the age of consent, but that does not mean that he may be trying to take advantage of you. Obviously his intentions could be entirely innocent, but if you haven't gone on a proper date ever, and just text/hook up now and again, it does not sound like the type of relationship you want to be in right now. See if he would like to meet up for lunch some time, and then see where it leads- where do you go, who pays, how does he say goodbye? Just to be certain that you have a way out if anything you are not prepared for happens, organise with a parent/carer that if you call them and say a certain word that does not necessarily sound suspicious e.g. toilet paper, they will come and pick you up and make sure that you are safe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.