Turn on thread page Beta

Why didn't people wish me happy birthday on fb??!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (I'm a girl btw)

My bday was a few days ago and basically I only got like 6 people wishing me happy birthday on my timeline this year lol down from like 30/40 last year and I'm starting to think i've become unlikeable or done something :lol: I get like 50-60 likes on profile pics just to give a my range. My friends get so many birthday wishes on their timeline and it's not like I'm a loner either

I know people are gonna say it's a silly thing to pay attention to and I'm not too worried, but at the same time I don't want to be unlikable lol

ps this is a half serious post (but still kinda serious post)

pps would prefer answers from other girls

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    lolwut :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I remember getting sad that hardly anyone didnt post on my wall on my birthday (think i was in year 6 or 8 idek) that i posted im going to deactivate my fb. But the people that didnt post were like some random people in my skl that i didnt like or didnt like me. Its not too deep. But your actual actual friends should say happy birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Hey bivekkkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kushal_D)
    Hey bivekkkkk
    k xa kushal a le
    why are you insulting the girl

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

I thought it was just amongst us teenagers, but for the past few years, Facebook has become really dead since hardly anyone I know uses it anymore. This is coming from someone who has 500 friends.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday a few days ago
    Honestly, those who aren't addicted to social media know that it means a lot more to be wished a happy birthday by people they know in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Wow.

I thought it was just amongst us teenagers, but for the past few years, Facebook has become really dead since hardly anyone I know uses it anymore. This is coming from someone who has 500 friends.
    oh really?! how old are you? i might be quite a few years older than you then bc I'm early 20s

what do young people use nowadays?

(i feel like a total OAP writing this :lol: )
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It means nothing. Some people don't use FB every day. Some people just have "friends" on there for the sake of it; but couldn't tell you who these "friends" actually are, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Happy Birthday a few days ago
    Honestly, those who aren't addicted to social media know that it means a lot more to be wished a happy birthday by people they know in real life.
    thanks man

yeh i got a few personal bday messages (as opposed to writing on fb wall) which was quite nice

ReputationRep:
    You should be worried aboout people not wishing you birthday in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    (I'm a girl btw)

My bday was a few days ago and basically I only got like 6 people wishing me happy birthday on my timeline this year lol down from like 30/40 last year and I'm starting to think i've become unlikeable or done something :lol: I get like 50-60 likes on profile pics just to give a my range. My friends get so many birthday wishes on their timeline and it's not like I'm a loner either

I know people are gonna say it's a silly thing to pay attention to and I'm not too worried, but at the same time I don't want to be unlikable lol

Maybe because birthdays are overrated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It means nothing. Some people don't use FB every day. Some people just have "friends" on there for the sake of it; but couldn't tell you who these "friends" actually are, etc.
    ah ok that makes a bit more sense!

ReputationRep:
    Compared to a few years ago, not so many people use Facebook to wish Happy Birthday, and I am guessing a lot of your Facebook friends aren't your close ones. Your true friends probably don't use Facebook that much, or prefer other ways like WhatsApp, text, phone call or a good old-fashioned birthday card. So, I wouldn't worry too much about this! (Happy belated birthday!)

ReputationRep:
    oh really?! how old are you? i might be quite a few years older than you then bc I'm early 20s

what do young people use nowadays?

(i feel like a total OAP writing this :lol: )
    18 lool

Snapchat really. Get with the flow, or gooo 😭.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First world problems.

Why do you care so much? Even if more people said it, do you think they’d actually care if you had a happy birthday? Do you think it matters if you have 50-60 likes on your photos? Is social media important at all? Have a think about it.

You sound immature, and it seems you base your self-worth on how much attention you get from others; from how “likeable” you are. You need to change this. And I’m not trying to offend you, just giving you constructive criticism. You need to stop expecting anything from anyone, that way you’ll never be dissapointed with people and be more happy. And truth it that people don’t actually owe you anything, so why even expect something? If it happens it happens, if it doesn’t it doesn’t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bivsha123)
    k xa kushal a le
    why are you insulting the girl
    Nepalese?

ReputationRep:
    (I'm a girl btw)

Just check you haven’t hidden your birthday from friends as this would mean they don’t get a notification when it’s your birthday so those who aren’t close to you won’t know! (I think if you find your birthday setting, you can change it to “only me” which would cause this).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm past the age where something like this bothers me, although it did in the past!

Most of the time i'd scroll through the TL and it would be people I haven't spoken to in years saying it only because Facebook told them to. Change the date and year to something completely wrong and you'll still get people doing it. So why should I bothered if they don't say anything?

Facebook use is declining by so called "millenials" anyway and your close friends, partner, housemates, immediate family (delete as appropriat) won't be posting on your Facebook wall.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.