Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have been a fan of sims for as long as I remember starting with The Sims 1, all the way up to the current Sims 4, including expansion packs etc. But recently I’ve read quite a lot of bad reviews about Sims 4. I can understand a couple of reasons why there is a lot of bad reviews about the Sims 4, specifically those about how there isn’t a open world platform like there was in the previous Sims 3 games & also how the Sims 4 gets boring after a while. As for me, I can’t say anything negative about the Sims 4. The only thing I could possibly say is I agree about the open world platform. But other than that I love it. I love the create a sim and how the graphics are a lot more improved than in previous games. The building tool is brilliant (with the exception of not having a create a style tool). I just thought I’d write this to see what else everyone thought about the Sims 4.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Firstly, I'd like to say that I've been a fan of The Sims ever since I was young. My favourite was the Sims 2, but I really really loved them Sims 3 too. When I heard that The Sims 4 was coming out, I was very excited, but when I actually started playing the game, I was disappointed.

I also think that the best part of The Sims 4 is create a sim. I love the way you can customise your sims as much as you want. I was shocked by the fact that you could even customise the sims ears! I loved building, as well. Good graphics, no lag.

However, I feel like there are so many cons, as opposed to pros. I hate that there is no story progression. If I play one specific family for a long time, everyone else in the world practically dies out, and they don't have children. To fix that problem, I got MC command centre. But think about it: This is the Sims 4. There shouldn't really be a need for mods that fix or improve gameplay. Secondly, I feel like there's a lack of challenges. In The Sims 3, there were challenges, which made me play for hours and hours. In the Sims 4, I do the exact same thing each time: Make a little family, get a sim married off, have a child or two and that is it. The fact that initially, the Sims 4 didn't have things in the base game that even The Sims 2 had. For example, pools and toddlers.

I really like the concepts of the expansion/stuff packs, especially with dine out, cats and dogs, the holiday one, parenthood, city living, etc. But I feel like no matter how many stuff packs and expansion packs are added, It won't change much. I just find The Sims 4 to be a very boring game.

I think there are some expansions/updated that should definitely be added =
    University life
    Height differences between elders, teens, young adults/adults, etc.
    Going to school with kids/teens.

On top of that, I feel like some little things should be added as well. For example, in The Sims 3, your sim could become prom queen/king and you could plan their outfit for them. I just wish some of these little additions were made for The Sims 4.

One thing that I am very happy with is the latest update. New skin tones (especially darker) have been introduced. I think this is amazing.

when I first got Sims 4 I was super excited and I just played it all the time after about 2 weeks I got bored and started to realize its overrated I mean I do love sims I have been a huge fan it's just its quite repetitive and I completely forgot that I even had it on my laptop until I saw this. Nowadays we have got new games and everyone has forgotten about it. The graphics on sims 4 is excellent and as u said the building tool is brilliant. Sims is a bit like a plant, at the start you get super hyped and like promise to water it then over time you forget about it (well I do lol) well that's my opinion so please no hate lol

I haven't played The Sims 3 nor 4 but can't overcome the impression that it becomes something like Second Life now. What do you think?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 22, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.