Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all! I have an interview at University of Essex, and according to the applicant day guide I can skip the first half of the day where they talk about life at Essex (just as well since I've been on the open day and know this stuff) and the second half of the day where there's subject talks and interviews is the part I'm meant to be there for, which is all well and good. The pack says the second half should go from 12:45- 3:45. Thing is, I have to get trains and I live in East Anglia. To pay an amount I can actually afford for tickets, I have to book specific trains.
    There are trains arriving in Colchester are at 11:02, 11:33, 12:02 and leaving for the journey back at 16:21, 16:47, 17:17, 18:01.
    Has anyone been on one of these days? Do they ever overrun? How long will it take me to get to and from the campus and the station?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a student currently studying at the university of Essex. It depends on what station you are getting into. If you're getting into Hythe Station then it will only take a 20 minute walk, but if you're arriving at Colchester station, then that's not in walking distance of the campus. But there is a bus stop right outside the station and it will take you straight to campus and will take around 10 minutes?

Essex does try and run on time, but obviously it's better to be safe than sorry and always book the later train I think, especially if people have lots of questions and stuff so events do sometimes overrun.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Get the train that arrives at wivenhoe, it's closer to the uni than colchester station.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.