Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, ive always had my hopes set on university in Australia and im 15 but I want to know the basic stuff of how to be able to come across as im from the UK and if id be alloud by myself to come there as I want to peruse a career in Australia and become a citizen there.

ReputationRep:
    I swear there was another thread about this same situation but kid coming from Australia to here in UK?

ReputationRep:
    Heya, if you have any questions lemme know! I finished high school last year and I'm a uni student

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be wanting a student visa (subclass 500). As stated here; provided you have been accepted into full-time study at an Australian University, this visa will cover you for five years before you need to worry about anything else. If you were intending to come before turning eighteen, there're some other things you'll need to put in place. As far as citizenship goes, I've heard that our policies are kinder to NZ and UK citizens, but unsure of the specifics. Feel free to ask Neil or myself for help anytime.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.