Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it common for a woman to use her looks to generate income? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    Thats good. You have a level of self-respect on another dimension compared to those types of women.
    They should all have this it isn't something special. Often i feel sad I have to represent these types of women. Completely powerless and lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigAnt)
    "they do it because they can"

Not really. I've been asked to model and I happily turned it down. Why would somebody use their beauty to generate income?

Most of time these women want a really easy life and have no interest in their career. Most of them will happily rely on their husband.
    This is based on my own assumption. It's because it's easier than training for it, acquiring a skillset or gaining an education for? And easy money is pretty much free money. I'm assuming this is the type of answer you were looking for. Also I don't see the need for you to keep saying that you have no respect for them, it's fine that you don't but unless it's necessary to the conversation (which it isn't really) then it's best to keep it to yourself.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VGM)
    This is based on my own assumption. It's because it's easier than training for it, acquiring a skillset or gaining an education for? And easy money is pretty much free money. I'm assuming this is the type of answer you were looking for. Also I don't see the need for you to keep saying that you have no respect for them, it's fine that you don't but unless it's necessary to the conversation (which it isn't really) then it's best to keep it to yourself.
    Why should I keep it to myself? They are sending a horrible message to young girls.

ReputationRep:
    Why should I keep it to myself? They are sending a horrible message to young girls.
    Because posting it on a student forum full of people who have already established their opinions on this topic is pointless. I said you don't need to keep saying it. You said it at the beginning of the thread then you repeated yourself 3/4 times to other people who have already read your original statements. Once is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VGM)
    Because posting it on a student forum full of people who have already established their opinions on this topic is pointless. I said you don't need to keep saying it. You said it at the beginning of the thread then you repeated yourself 3/4 times to other people who have already read your original statements. Once is enough.
    Yes I will absolutely obey your orders.

ReputationRep:
    I have no respect for women who use their beauty to generate some sort of income.

ReputationRep:
    They should all have this it isn't something special. Often i feel sad I have to represent these types of women. Completely powerless and lazy.
    Well they don't and its their parents fault for not teaching them right from wrong. But don't worry. Its guaranteed you will have a much better life than they do in the long-term. They will probably end up with 10 children or HIV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    Well they don't and its their parents fault for not teaching them right from wrong. But don't worry. Its guaranteed you will have a much better life than they do in the long-term. They will probably end up with 10 children or HIV
    Lmao I agree with the 10 children part. Baby making machines with rich husbands who provide.

ReputationRep:
    I have no respect for women who use their beauty to generate some sort of income.
    It was only a suggestion. Not my problem if you're upset that all the other ants in your colony make money off their looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VGM)
    It was only a suggestion. Not my problem if you're upset that all the other ants in your colony make money off their looks.
    They will never be Ants.

ReputationRep:
    Because cosmetics and the beauty industry is a large market that will probably never leave. Many are interested in looks and bettering yourself and you should not judge other women like this. If a women wishes to do this then she can, that is the whole point of equality. They can make choices in their lives, as can you. Nobody is less worthy than another for a career choice

ReputationRep:
    All these people who don't believe OP when she says that she would never use her looks to earn income... just because you would doesn't mean everyone else would too, very arrogant to think like that.

Personally (male but point still stands) I would never do that - the sheer lack of self-fulfilment/achievement in my career would send me into depression. And I'd feel like an incredibly artificial person. But whatever, people can do what they like, but I wouldn't bet on them enjoying their lives as much as you might think they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro)
    All these people who don't believe OP when she says that she would never use her looks to earn income... just because you would doesn't mean everyone else would too, very arrogant to think like that.

Personally (male but point still stands) I would never do that - the sheer lack of self-fulfilment/achievement in my career would send me into depression. And I'd feel like an incredibly artificial person. But whatever, people can do what they like, but I wouldn't bet on them enjoying their lives as much as you might think they do.
    Exactly this.

I would feel powerless and truly unfulfilled if I just ran around for a company who took silly photographs of me for their pathetic campaigns.

Thank you for your post

ReputationRep:
    i have no respect for women who bash other womens life choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro)

Not as arrogant as it is to look down on people who do use their looks to earn income. Also not as arrogant as to value your self-image above your life (pride cometh before the fall much?).

You don't think models can have a sense of achievement in their careers? Even though there are major fasion publications they can work towards, international shows to try and get into, or simply use the money they earn to try and do something unrelated to fasion to get a sense of achievement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    i have no respect for women who bash other womens life choices
    I'm not sorry if my post was in any way offending because its the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Not as arrogant as it is to look down on people who do use their looks to earn income. Also not as arrogant as to value your self-image above your life (pride cometh before the fall much?).

You don't think models can have a sense of achievement in their careers? Even though there are major fasion publications they can work towards, international shows to try and get into, or simply use the money they earn to try and do something unrelated to fasion to get a sense of achievement?
    You don't understand do you.

There is no achievement, it isn't difficult to use your beauty to generate income. What exactly are you doing? and how is this fulfilling in life?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sorry if my post was in any way offending because its the truth.
    no you're just another annoying female who hates on other females for the most pointless reasons. is this the way you live your "fulfilling" life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    no you're just another annoying female who hates on other females for the most pointless reasons. is this the way you live your "fulfilling" life?
    Yes its annoying because its the truth. Many women use their beauty to generate some sort of income and I don't respect them at all. What hard work are they doing?

It sends a horrible message to young girls and its needs to stop. Many of these women then go on marry a rich man and become baby machines.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t understand why it bothers you so much. It’s one thing asking but you seem to dislike girls who do this. If a girl is attractive, she can use that to become a model and modelling isn’t easy work at all.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.