Turn on thread page Beta

PT childcare jobs in Birmingham - has anyone used bubble babysitting? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've seen an ad for bubble babysitting app and was wondering if anyone else has used it? They say it's a good option for students due to it being very flexible (you set which days you want to work and don't have to work at all during exams if you don't want).

I'm looking for more childcare experience for my course anyway so could be a good fit - anyone else tried it in Birmingham?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i use bubble!!! you should go for it you’ve got nothing to lose you just accept the jobs you want, i’ve only done 4 so far but it’s getting bigger in bham atm. Defo worth a go if you need childcare exp top it’s so easy to sign up then you’re good to go and you get paid so quick which is so handy when you’re broke haha

ReputationRep:
    How much do you charge per hour and what cut do they take? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i charge £9 per hour and they don't take a cut! i also ask for a taxi home if its late and the parents have always paid so far - pretty gd

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool. Can you chat to the parents in advance? I don't like the idea of accepting a job without having chatted to them first

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can message them straight away i sometimes ask to have a phone call if i'm not sure, some ask to meet first if its going to be a longer term thing or if the children are a bit young. Have you signed up yet? I've seen more job requests lately

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have! Already had some jobs which were all great, parents all lovely. Glad I downloaded it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.