Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm also very clever as well. (not bragging lol because even then everyone is much more clever than me!) but just wondering why about 90% of people on here get like 10A*'s at GCSE and apply for 5 RG universities. Why is everyone on here so smart!

My GCSE results are (currently) 5,6,6,6,7,7,7,7,8,8, but everyone here has like 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8! I go to a state school!

haha lol it's crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone here cares about their education i assume
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    I'm also very clever as well. (not bragging lol because even then everyone is much more clever than me!) but just wondering why about 90% of people on here get like 10A*'s at GCSE and apply for 5 RG universities. Why is everyone on here so smart!

My GCSE results are (currently) 5,6,6,6,7,7,7,7,8,8, but everyone here has like 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8! I go to a state school!

haha lol it's crazy!
    The reason is because this is a community of people who want to share their opinions with clarity. They're likely to be able to defend them, as well.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I dont think they are. theres also a wide range of people and theres a difference between clever and smart or wise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. 🙃

ReputationRep:
    People here typically get good grades. But you just have to read some of the threads (including those posted by these 'super smart' people) to realise that a lot of people here lack common sense, which in my opinion is a much better measure of intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Im not

ReputationRep:
    Because people who don’t have 100X A*’s don’t feel the need to always drop their grades in conversation :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I’m not 🙌🏻
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Many people here get good grades because it is a student forum and obviously most people who come here are above average in term of academics. However, a lot of them are also socially innept.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are all nerds?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Many people here get good grades because it is a student forum and obviously most people who come here are above average in term of academics. However, a lot of them are also socially innept.
    I haven’t had face to face human contact in two weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)

haha lol it's crazy!
    Dw bro, 8=A anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not! Also may I remind you that perception of intelligence is relative. You consider people who do better than you as smart and people that doesn't worse than you as stupid. At the same time someone on this thread probable thought that you did really well as well and thought "that person is smarter than me". People above average will think of the average as dumb and people below average will think of the average as clever. It's all relative.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.