Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how likely it is to get allocated a room in University Locks? I really want a room there but I know it's really popular
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jessicaleighbx)
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how likely it is to get allocated a room in University Locks? I really want a room there but I know it's really popular
    Cant you just get your app in early and make polite enquiries to the accommodation office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Cant you just get your app in early and make polite enquiries to the accommodation office?
    Well I'm planning on applying the minute it goes up but because I have a conditional offer and I don't get my results until June, I'm just a bit anxious, obviously, it's not the end of the world if not, I was just wondering if it's likely to get a room haha
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jessicaleighbx)
    Well I'm planning on applying the minute it goes up but because I have a conditional offer and I don't get my results until June, I'm just a bit anxious, obviously, it's not the end of the world if not, I was just wondering if it's likely to get a room haha
    Just ring them and find out. they probably know. See if its in a first come first serve basis and have your app ready for the day of the results, so you can cut and paste in. Dont forget you are likely to need a deposit as well. If you get results in June then that's a long time before the A levels in August.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey Jessica,

It is first-come-first-served so if you're really keen on getting Uni Locks, try to get your application in as soon as you can - applications open from 9am on March 5th.
    You should then receive an email from our accommodation services to inform you which halls you've been allocated, which you'll then have to accept and pay the deposit for.

If you have questions about how it works with your offer being conditional, feel free to contact our accommodation team on 0121 331 5191 or [email protected].

But try not to worry about it too much! And if you don't manage to get your first choice, the others halls aren't too different and just as close to our City Centre Campus!

If you want any more info, check our website here.

Good luck!
    Lydia

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.