Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I have studied MRes Medical Imaging at Nottingham Trent Uni in Sep 2017. I am so passionate about studying DIagnostic Radiography since 2010 but I already had a Bachelors In Physics and was not able to fulfill the entry requirements for MSc Diagnostic Radiography(pre-registration). So I studied a very similar stuff in my MRes but unfortunately, it does not lead to Radiography registration with HCPC so now I have decided to go for MSc Diagnostic Radiography(pre-registration) at Derby University. I have so many questions in my mind.
    . how competitive is it to get in?
    . When you have to take the online test (literacy, numeracy, comprehension), whether online from home or at Uni?
    . I have only 3 days experience at local hospital's radiography department, is that enough?
    . How many times do they take applications in a year? does it start only in Sep each year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiaimran)
    Hi everyone

I have studied MRes Medical Imaging at Nottingham Trent Uni in Sep 2017. I am so passionate about studying DIagnostic Radiography since 2010 but I already had a Bachelors In Physics and was not able to fulfill the entry requirements for MSc Diagnostic Radiography(pre-registration). So I studied a very similar stuff in my MRes but unfortunately, it does not lead to Radiography registration with HCPC so now I have decided to go for MSc Diagnostic Radiography(pre-registration) at Derby University. I have so many questions in my mind.
    . how competitive is it to get in?
    . When you have to take the online test (literacy, numeracy, comprehension), whether online from home or at Uni?
    . I have only 3 days experience at local hospital's radiography department, is that enough?
    . How many times do they take applications in a year? does it start only in Sep each year?
    Hi Samiaimran,

I admire your persistence! You should apply and pursue your goal no matter what! It's actually quite competitive to get into the MSc course because places are limited, but you should definitely try. Don't worry too much about the online test. As long as you are literate, you will surely do well! And it's to be done online at home. I would suggest you to pick up more experience though - maybe two weeks? So that you can convincingly tell the interviewers what you know about the role of a radiographer and the professional attributes etc. And yes, there is only one intake in September at Derby.

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper000)
    Hi Samiaimran,

I admire your persistence! You should apply and pursue your goal no matter what! It's actually quite competitive to get into the MSc course because spaces are limited, but you should definitely try. Don't worry too much about the online test. As long as you are literate, you will surely do well! And it's to be done online at home. I would suggest you to pick up more experience though - maybe two weeks? So that you can convincingly tell the interviewers what you know about the role of a radiographer and the professional attributes etc. And yes, there is only one intake in September at Derby.

All the best!
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have passed the online test and have been invited for an interview in May. I have also been asked to prepare a critique of a journal article.So, I am working on it, I am very scared of the interview.

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the online test. You’re on the MRes course so the critique won’t be a problem for you. What topic is the article on?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper000)
    Well done on the online test. You’re on the MRes course so the critique won’t be a problem for you. What topic is the article on?
    Yeah I had reviewed so many articles before .The article given to me now is about ultrasound course implementation in medical school.

ReputationRep:
    The critique discussion usually takes place after the interview rounds and lasts for about 15 mins. You will be very much at ease by that time so don’t worry about it. I would focus on the interview though. Good luck and see you around.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.