Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When you're required to do a work placement year as part of your course, does this mean you'll have to live in another city or abroad and arrange your own living with rent there or do the university help you with that?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bas15448985)
    When you're required to do a work placement year as part of your course, does this mean you'll have to live in another city or abroad and arrange your own living with rent there or do the university help you with that?
    This depends on the program that you've applied to and entirely depends on the university that you're studying at. From what I've experienced, most placement jobs are based in the UK and unless you've applied to a "year abroad" course then you may be required to stay here.

Placement jobs are dotted around the country so this depends on what you want to do. If you decide to accept a job outside of your city meaning you have to live out, then you will need to manage your accommodation and rent yourself. I do think you may be able to get some funds through Student Finance but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case now.

ReputationRep:
    Normally have to fund accommodation yourself. You should get paid for doing the placement so that should help

ReputationRep:
    Currently what universities are offering sandwich courses for BIG DATA AND DATA SCIENCE in UK ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaReddy)
    Currently what universities are offering sandwich courses for BIG DATA AND DATA SCIENCE in UK ?
    Birmingham City, Staffordshire and Derby Universities are what I applied for that offered the sandwich course but I chose Birmingham City as my firm choice.

I get the option to do a work placement year with the full time course I've applied for.

ReputationRep:
    For Post Graduate Taught 😊 ??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaReddy)
    For Post Graduate Taught 😊 ??
    For undergraduates.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.