Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My Head is Fried with this Girl... watch

Announcements

I took this girl I have known for years (but never really spoke to) to a Formal in November. Great night, drinks, all that, then she spontaneously decided to ask me to go steady with her. I said OK. Told a handful of my mates what she said on the night because I thought she was being sincere, but the next time I spoke to her, she didn't remember saying anything about going steady.

That was alright, we still spoke to each other normally, then, just a week ago, she decided to confront me (in person) about "telling everyone that we were steady", that I was"showing random people her messages" and then announced that she doesn't want to speak to me again. Wtf? She said that someone in my Year told her this, but those allegations are a load of balls.

When she said this to me, I **** myself and just said that "I liked her" instead of trying to defend myself, so she must think that I did say those things, and she probably won't believe me if I try and tell her otherwise.

I'm 99% sure I know the identity of who told her this, but the difficulty is that she has known this person (girl) since primary school, and is more inclined to believe her than me.

What do I do? (and yes, I know the obvious answer is to forget about her, but I see her almost every day and it depresses me to see her look so pissed off all the time).

Any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe take her too one side and tell her everything. Explain you did like her and she did say those things during the dance which led you too believe you were an item. I think its really hard in school because news spreads so quickly and the story can change over time. Your the one who nos the truth. All i can suggest is a quiet chat with her. Hope you find a solution. x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.