Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I've been working at Primark for 2 months and I've been hating it which I've already discussed in a previous thread. So I've decided to quit now and I was wondering how to hand in my notice. Do they need a letter with an explanation or do I just tell them verbally? I'm currently still on my 3 month probation and I only work 8 hours on the weekends. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyShorrock)
    Hi, so I've been working at Primark for 2 months and I've been hating it which I've already discussed in a previous thread. So I've decided to quit now and I was wondering how to hand in my notice. Do they need a letter with an explanation or do I just tell them verbally? I'm currently still on my 3 month probation and I only work 8 hours on the weekends. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Give them a letter in writing so you have record of it. You don’t need to explain why, just tell them you’re serving your notice period of x weeks. As you’re on probation I’m not entirely sure what the notice period will be.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TobyShorrock)
    It is more professional and formal to write a letter because as suggested, it's evidence that you have served your notice of resignation to them.

After that they will ask you for an 'exit interview', which they will question why you are leaving and if there is anything they can do to help resolve your problems of why you want to leave.

As you are only on probation it is usually 1 week notice that you will have to work, but you should check with HR about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishGirl)
    It is more professional and formal to write a letter because as suggested, it's evidence that you have served your notice of resignation to them.

After that they will ask you for an 'exit interview', which they will question why you are leaving and if there is anything they can do to help resolve your problems of why you want to leave.

As you are only on probation it is usually 1 week notice that you will have to work, but you should check with HR about it.
    Hy do you remember if your exit interview was done while you were working or when you left? Because I have a flight the day after. And if I want leave primark I have to finish the week?(I’m working during the weekdays)

ReputationRep:
    Say "I quit", and then leave the premises.

ReputationRep:
    Walk into the back of your store, smash the sewing machines, unshackle the child labourers and scream out "run free"

Or you could just hand in your p45 like everyone else would....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Gioia9597)
    Hy do you remember if your exit interview was done while you were working or when you left? Because I have a flight the day after. And if I want leave primark I have to finish the week?(I’m working during the weekdays)
    Yes they do the 'exit interview' whilst you are still working for them as this is the part where they will ask you why you want to leave and if they can help resolve any issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishGirl)
    Yes they do the 'exit interview' whilst you are still working for them as this is the part where they will ask you why you want to leave and if they can help resolve any issues.
    Thank you!! Did you have a reference letter from primark ?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.