Turn on thread page Beta

Advice needed urgently!! Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to read this watch

About a year ago, I became friends with a guy at the gym I used to go to with my friends from school. We spoke for ages, until we became eally close. He's very very goodlooking and quite soon I acknowledged that I had very strong feelings for him. Now, this sounds chill but I too am a boy and I'm gay but still have not come out to the world, just my family. Even though I would love to come out to everyone my parents advised against it until I had finished my GCSE's and I obeyed them. Anyway we remained close friends for a little while, I then heard through a mutual friend he was bisexual which of course made my feelings grow even stronger as I knew that eventually there could be a chance of something happening between the two of us. This progressed even further and eventually wound up with HIM telling a mutual friend he had feelings for me. In the moment I found out, I was elated but I knew this feeling would not last. Because I knew nothing would happen for what felt like forever, I decided it would be best to become less close with him as a friend which progressed to us not speaking to much anymore.
    Obviously this boy thinks I am straight, so he clearly gave up and has now got a girlfriend, but I still owe him like I have never loved someone before and it feels very real. This all happened about a year ago, since then I have seen him 4 or 5 times and then in November we actually met up just the two of us and went on a walk (which was fabulous).
    The issue is, due to my feelings for him and quite truthfully I believe that he could still feel the same for me but is hiding it because he thinks I'm straight, I don't know what to do at all. Do I try getting over him? Do I just wait EVEN longer and then see what happens after coming out? Any advice would be great. Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Unfortunately there's no such thing as the perfect time to tell a person you like them, and sometimes waiting isn't always the best option to take because while you're waiting around on this person you might miss opportunities and moments in life that you can never get back. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and tell them how you feel just to get your feelings out there, it's not fair on yourself to keep these feelings bottled up inside if you feel as strongly as you say. No one can tell you whether trying to move on is the best thing to do or not, but maybe start off by just telling him that you're gay? As it might be unfair to tell him absolutely everything when he is already in a committed relationship and the two of you aren't as close as you used to be.
    Whatever you choose to do I wish you the very best, experiencing your first love is always overwhelming but it's best to remember that you have your whole life ahead of you and you will meet so many people in your life that will make you happy/ will love you Don't be afraid!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, maybe meet up with him again and tell him you are gay. Explain that you have not yet come out to the world. I no that really you would just like too tell him everything. Gage his reaction to your information first. The longer you leave it the less chance you have of him still having feelings for you. Especially if he thinks your straight. You never no what may happen I wish you all the luck in the world. xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.