Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been offered a unconditional offer from Leeds Arts University to study fashion design. But Sheffield Hallam and Salford have offered me foundation years in art as they didn’t think I was ready for the course. I need advice on what to take. Will Sheffield Hallam and salford be better? Give me more opportunities as I got the feeling they were quite prestigious at the interview Or will Leeds give me just as many? I jusy need opinions. Thanks a lot x
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by leahb123)
    I’ve been offered a unconditional offer from Leeds Arts University to study fashion design. But Sheffield Hallam and Salford have offered me foundation years in art as they didn’t think I was ready for the course. I need advice on what to take. Will Sheffield Hallam and salford be better? Give me more opportunities as I got the feeling they were quite prestigious at the interview Or will Leeds give me just as many? I jusy need opinions. Thanks a lot x
    One thing that might help is watching the graduate fashion week show for each university. Gfw has them all on their website. It might give you an idea of the range of work produced and how that matches your style and focus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    One thing that might help is watching the graduate fashion week show for each university. Gfw has them all on their website. It might give you an idea of the range of work produced and how that matches your style and focus.
    Okay yeah I’ll check it. Thank you x
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Leah,

I just spoke to an academic in the Fashion Design course and here is what he said:

We are extremely student focused and ultimately aware that if she didn’t do a foundation of some manner, there is a possibility she wouldn’t achieve the most of her studies and overtly this would be detrimental to her enjoyment the three years of studies at any university she was accepted for.

Nathan

Let me know if you have anymore questions,

Reanne
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    To add to this, I spoke to a previous student who graduated in 2017 and this is what she had said:

I think that two courses have suggested foundation speaks volumes, and from my personal experience I wish I had done foundation beforehand as I fell a little behind in first year.

Doing the foundation before entering first year will give you more experience and an edge against your cohort. Sheffield is a great place to study in itself, Lee and Nathan have many connections, I am now doing a masters at westminster and wouldn’t be here without them.

I think if your choosing to stay in education you may aswell get the best out of it

Hattie

Let me know if you have more questions,

Reanne

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.