Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Panicking about my A2 oral exam watch

Announcements

I do A level Spanish and French so in a few months time I'm going to be having my speaking exams. Languages are definitely my strong point and I'm predicted to get an A* in French and A in Spanish. However, the only thing that's stopping me from getting this is the speaking exam. I have no problem speaking in the language in class or with friends but when I'm put in that exam situation I just panic. The highest grade I've ever managed to get on a speaking is a C (with my reading and writing marks pulling my grade up immensely).

I just have such a bad feeling about this exam that it's gotten to the point where I don't even see the point in revising for it as I know I'm going to freak out when I get in there and not be able to say anything. I don't know what to do
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do A level Spanish and French so in a few months time I'm going to be having my speaking exams. Languages are definitely my strong point and I'm predicted to get an A* in French and A in Spanish. However, the only thing that's stopping me from getting this is the speaking exam. I have no problem speaking in the language in class or with friends but when I'm put in that exam situation I just panic. The highest grade I've ever managed to get on a speaking is a C (with my reading and writing marks pulling my grade up immensely).

I just have such a bad feeling about this exam that it's gotten to the point where I don't even see the point in revising for it as I know I'm going to freak out when I get in there and not be able to say anything. I don't know what to do
    I too have this same issue where I use to do really well in class or even currently today I do amazing in driving lessons and lots of confidence but when it comes to an exam arrivement or that pressure of being tested I flop and get super nervous and sweaty

Not sure on the best solution as everyone has different coping mechanisms and ways of relaxing but for me in a speaking type situation such as presentations (I have to do these sometimes in my job and hate them xD)

I would just try to breathe slow and steadily whilst saying everything slower than I usually would (I tend to speak faster or stutter more when I'm nervous)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.