Turn on thread page Beta

Panicking about my A2 oral exam watch

I do A level Spanish and French so in a few months time I'm going to be having my speaking exams. Languages are definitely my strong point and I'm predicted to get an A* in French and A in Spanish. However, the only thing that's stopping me from getting this is the speaking exam. I have no problem speaking in the language in class or with friends but when I'm put in that exam situation I just panic. The highest grade I've ever managed to get on a speaking is a C (with my reading and writing marks pulling my grade up immensely).

I just have such a bad feeling about this exam that it's gotten to the point where I don't even see the point in revising for it as I know I'm going to freak out when I get in there and not be able to say anything. I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do A level Spanish and French so in a few months time I'm going to be having my speaking exams. Languages are definitely my strong point and I'm predicted to get an A* in French and A in Spanish. However, the only thing that's stopping me from getting this is the speaking exam. I have no problem speaking in the language in class or with friends but when I'm put in that exam situation I just panic. The highest grade I've ever managed to get on a speaking is a C (with my reading and writing marks pulling my grade up immensely).

I just have such a bad feeling about this exam that it's gotten to the point where I don't even see the point in revising for it as I know I'm going to freak out when I get in there and not be able to say anything. I don't know what to do
    I too have this same issue where I use to do really well in class or even currently today I do amazing in driving lessons and lots of confidence but when it comes to an exam arrivement or that pressure of being tested I flop and get super nervous and sweaty

Not sure on the best solution as everyone has different coping mechanisms and ways of relaxing but for me in a speaking type situation such as presentations (I have to do these sometimes in my job and hate them xD)

I would just try to breathe slow and steadily whilst saying everything slower than I usually would (I tend to speak faster or stutter more when I'm nervous)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.