username3691874
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know how to easily achieve those top-end marks in English like a grade 9, for instance? I know it can be quite a concerning subject as you can easily do well in it or mess it up, which is why I want to know any useful/effective tips to ensure my certainty in achieving those top-end marks through revision or anything like that. I have the English Language Revision Guide and for literature, I am studying Macbeth, Jekyll & Hyde, Lord of the Flies and conflict poetry. I have a CGP text guides for all three and I am using the Poetry Anthology from Edexcel, which I have written down analysis notes on it from 'The English Teacher' on YouTube.
Raye Bennet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am in the top set English in my school hoping for an 8 in literature and 9 in language and in my responses i just follow a PEE ( point evidence evaluation) approach. It sounds basic but it works well for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (240)
47.24%
Take exams next summer (68)
13.39%
Change uni choice through clearing (110)
21.65%
Apply to uni next year instead (53)
10.43%
I'm not applying to university (37)
7.28%

Watched Threads