DanW15
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I’m currently in year 11, and with exams fast approaching (and my second set of mock exams in a few weeks) I wanted to create this blog to motivate myself and potentially others to revise and get the best grades possible. Here are the subjects I am doing:

English Language and Literature (AQA)
Mathematics (EDEXCEL)
Triple Science (EDEXCEL)
Art (AQA)
History (EDEXCEL)
Computer Science (WJEC)
Spanish (AQA)

I am currently predicted level 7 (A) in all my subjects, but that is based on my year 6 SATs results and I aspire to get higher than that. My main goals are for the 3 subjects I am doing at A-level and they are a level 9 in maths and 8’s in Biology and Physics. In my November mocks I got a high 8 in maths so I think my target is achievable; for Biology and Physics I got a 6 and a 7 but I am going to spend the remaining few months leading up to exams attempting to get those grades as high as possible. On this thread/ blog I will be sharing how I am doing that and some techniques I am using that may help others.
Toastiekid
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanW15)
So I’m currently in year 11, and with exams fast approaching (and my second set of mock exams in a few weeks) I wanted to create this blog to motivate myself and potentially others to revise and get the best grades possible. Here are the subjects I am doing:

English Language and Literature (AQA)
Mathematics (EDEXCEL)
Triple Science (EDEXCEL)
Art (AQA)
History (EDEXCEL)
Computer Science (WJEC)
Spanish (AQA)

I am currently predicted level 7 (A) in all my subjects, but that is based on my year 6 SATs results and I aspire to get higher than that. My main goals are for the 3 subjects I am doing at A-level and they are a level 9 in maths and 8’s in Biology and Physics. In my November mocks I got a high 8 in maths so I think my target is achievable; for Biology and Physics I got a 6 and a 7 but I am going to spend the remaining few months leading up to exams attempting to get those grades as high as possible. On this thread/ blog I will be sharing how I am doing that and some techniques I am using that may help others.
we're studying some similar subjects, I look forward to seeing how you revise them
which topics are you doing in history and how are you finding them?
also what's computer science gcse like; I was thinking about taking it for a-level though I'm not doing it for GCSEs
good luck
DanW15
Rep:
(Original post by Toastiekid)
we're studying some similar subjects, I look forward to seeing how you revise them
which topics are you doing in history and how are you finding them?
also what's computer science gcse like; I was thinking about taking it for a-level though I'm not doing it for GCSEs
good luck
My history topics are crime and punishment, nazi Germany, cold war and Henry & his ministers. Although History is my current least favourite subject I'm just not interested in it.
Computer science is very good if you're interested in, you know... computers. I like it as it gives me answers to questions about computers that I have never asked and it fascinates me how it all works. Would recommend!
I'd love to also hear how you're revising too as I am also learning about this whole revision thing. Good luck to you too!
DanW15
Rep:
So it's finally half term (thank god)! I attempted to have a productive day of revision today but that didn't turn out as planned. I went to play badminton with my brother at lunch then came home and watched some Netflix. I've also recently become re-obsessed with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3- such a good game, but bad for my revision! After dinner, I finally decided to do a little bit of English lit revision. In the photo I have written some key points and quotes in a mindmap about Dr Jekyll (from Jekyll & Hyde) and I have done the same for two more of the characters.

Name:  IMG_90813.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  307.4 KB
I will do a bit of biology revision next and then call it a night.
Tomorrow I have to go into school during half term to do 4 hours of art coursework catchup! It seems unfair but I guess it's for my benefit. I'll let you know how i get on!
ps- for the image attached above it would only let me upload a really low-resolution version. Is there a reason for that? Some kind of restriction?
Toastiekid
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanW15)
My history topics are crime and punishment, nazi Germany, cold war and Henry & his ministers. Although History is my current least favourite subject I'm just not interested in it.
Computer science is very good if you're interested in, you know... computers. I like it as it gives me answers to questions about computers that I have never asked and it fascinates me how it all works. Would recommend!
I'd love to also hear how you're revising too as I am also learning about this whole revision thing. Good luck to you too!
I’m on and off with history; some days I really like it whilst others I detest it. I’m doing Elizabethan England, the Cold War, Weimar and medicine through time (ughhhh).
yeah computer science looks interesting, I’m definitely swaying towards picking it
aha you can hear about my revision (or lack of revision) in my gyg
Have a great rest of weekend!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads