Turn on thread page Beta

Feel bad about putting my cat in a cattery to go on holiday :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multifaceted)
    They'd prefer a robot over you if it did the same thing. But sure, we'll go with valuable.
    No they wouldn't. They would know it's not real and they only like humans. Cats can feel love/care from humans, they wouldn't feel anything from the robot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multifaceted)
    Well, at least dogs care about their humans.
    Idk, seems like anthropomorphisation of the animal to me. Dogs and cats have very different evolutionary strategies for survival. Cats are solitary predators. Does it mean they don't care about their "owner"? They probably express it in different ways. Equally, does the slavish adulation of a dog really constitute caring? I find it obsequious, which is why I don't keep them as pets. Such behaviour in a human would be seen as unhealthy dependence. Yet it is probably caring in a sense. Humans come somewhere in between the two species, which is why both their behaviours are odd to our eyes. Yet a dog is no less selfish for acting on impulses resulting from its evolutionary history, to ensure its survival and the propagation of its genes, than is a cat. Its behaviours simply arose in a different evolutionary context.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I would never leave somebody I loved like this.

How will you protect your cat?

ReputationRep:
    Depends if it’s an outdoor or indoor cat. If it’s outdoor then it will be depressed. If indoor then it’ll be fine 🙃
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Rememer that YOU betrayed the cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaminah03)
    Depends if it’s an outdoor or indoor cat. If it’s outdoor then it will be depressed. If indoor then it’ll be fine 🙃
    He's both indoor and outdoor - mostly indoor, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigAnt)
    Wow. I would never leave somebody I loved like this.

How will you protect your cat?
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?

ReputationRep:
    Its the second best care you can give him apart from your own care. Like someone wlse said yeah hes going on holiday too! Dont worry youll be back with him soon an he might even enjoy it along with spending time with other cats too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanxxox)
    Its the second best care you can give him apart from your own care. Like someone wlse said yeah hes going on holiday too! Dont worry youll be back with him soon an he might even enjoy it along with spending time with other cats too!
    Really hope he does!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    Cats care about their humans, too. They miss us when they don't see us for a few hours and come running to greet us when we're back home.
    Exactly.

my cat follow me everywhere if he isn't completely asleep (sometimes he will be curled up on my bed, but when I go downstairs he runs after me). When I come back from school, he comes running to the door. Sometimes when I am in the bathroom he starts scratching on the door. No, it is not just because he is hungry. He does this right after he has been fed as well.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?
    How am I being sarcastic?

How can you leave somebody you love like this?

ReputationRep:
    He's both indoor and outdoor - mostly indoor, though
    He’ll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    Rememer that YOU betrayed the cat
    😂😂😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.