Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I just thought I'd start a discussion on choosing 6th form or College! Sorry if a discussion on that has already been made, please link it below!

What are you studying/hoping to study? What are your experiences with 6th form or college? What are the pros and cons? What are your tips for people trying to choose between them?

I'll also open the conversation to A Level's or BTEC's?

I've studied both A level's and BTEC's and studied at both 6th form and College so hopefully I can offer some guidance!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey - I think there might be one already but I'm not sure, there's so many posts flying about here.

I automatically went to sixth form, never even considered college. This was because my school had a sixth form there, so it made sense to me to just stay on. Plus they offered all the A-Levels I wanted to do, I wouldn't have to make new friends or learn a new journey.

I enjoyed the extra freedom, however it was a lot of work. There's a lot of pressure - my school loved doing tests almost every week which became very frustrating. But it all paid off in the end.

Pros - got to study what I wanted, able to do EPQ, good quality teaching, staying with friends
    Cons - if some people messed about everyone got punished, sometimes subjects became unrealistically demanding with workload

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.