Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello! For one of my sociology modules we’ve focused upon parental styles and how parents treat their children differently. Something crept up into a lecture and I wanted to know your opinions on it.

Out of the Things listed alphabetically, which would you say were verbal/physical/emotional abuse and/or bad parental styles and which would you say were okay?

When stating ‘child’ he means ages from 7-17

(A) swearing at and too children e.g calling their child a b*tch
    (B) screaming at them
    (C) blaming their issues on the children
    (D) putting a child in a situation that they know could be potentially unsafe
    (E) letting the child take time off school when they like
    (F) Never admitting their wrong and/or blaming the child instead
    (G) throwing items at the child in an argument
    (H) making food for their partner and not their children
    ( I ) drinking to much
    (J) on their weekends off, sending their children to their relatives instead of spending time with them

almost all of them sound abusive. it's either neglect or psychological abusive.
    F. is bad parenting you will teach your child not to admit mistakes and be honest etc. very bad traits.

J. depends on why. doing it occasionally for a rest is fine. parenting is a tough gig. doing it every week end I'd be suspicious though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.