The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Csm and kingston art foundation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mopnalsa
Hey, yeah I had my interview. They basically call about 6 people in and you leave the room for about half an hour whilst they look over the portfolio. They then call you back in and ask you to explain on piece of work, and they also ask some people to explain other pieces of work they haven’t chosen.

They were really friendly and laid back (much friendlier than Kingston) they don’t tell you whether you have a place on the day, so just waiting. The CSM site says we should get answers by the 11th of April.

Good luck with your interview :smile:

Omg you have reassured me so much! I am so nervous! Was your interview at 9:15 am in the morning? Mine is and I live three hours away!!!! I agree csm are so nice on the phone and email- nicer than Kingston! Have you had your interview at Kingston? Was it the same? I know someone who just had a degree interview there and you are interviewed by older students as well as teachers.. my interview is at the end of the month - everything just feels like a waiting game haha. Anyway I will hopefully see you in September at csm or Kingston! Good luck I hope you get good news!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Florence grace
Omg you have reassured me so much! I am so nervous! Was your interview at 9:15 am in the morning? Mine is and I live three hours away!!!!I agree csm are so nice on the phone and email- nicer than Kingston!Have you had your interview at Kingston? Was it the same? I know someone who just had a degree interview there and you are interviewed by older students as well as teachers.. my interview is at the end of the month - everything just feels like a waiting game haha.Anyway I will hopefully see you in September at csm or Kingston! Good luck I hope you get good news!

I found the Kingston interview really rude, they didn't bother looking at my portfolio, and made some really arrogant comments. Even if they offer me a place I won't be going. Awful place. Kingston interview about 10 people at a time, 3 teachers and one student on the foundation. They asked me no questions about my work and generally didn't seem interested although they were in other peoples work. Questions ranged from what books you've read to who you personally know in the art world. Not a pleasant experience for me, but really only went for interview practice. If CSM don't offer me a place, I'm going to go to a local college. I definitely won't be applying to Kingston for BA next year.
Omg that's so rude I guess it's good practice... Well let's hope you get into csm! if they do offer you a place and you refuse them I hope you tell them why!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending