Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE - How to imrove Handwriting watch

ReputationRep:
    Dea TSR,

I need help on how I can improve my handwriting as I have realized that due to my handwriting I will get lower grades, I am running short of time and dont know how I can improve my handwriting.

Suggestions / Resources any crash course will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    My handwriting is fairly bad, I've found that using a gel pan significantly improves my handwriting, what I've also observed is that writing smaller 'oomphs' up the quality of your handwriting quite a bit, make sure it's clear enough to read though. If nothing works, try to space your letters out equally, and keep the spacing between words equal too.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean improving your writing so that you can write faster? Don't worry too much about the tidyness, as long as the person marking can read your writing you shouldn't lose marks. I think the best thing you can do for faster writing is practice a lot, it will strengthen the muscles in your hand and you'll be able to experiment with what works best for you. Try not to hold your pen too tightly as this can tire your muscles and eventually slow you down. Some people find joined up writing quicker, this hasn't really worked very well for me and I prefer to print.

ReputationRep:
    I can only write neatly if I write really slowly. I pretty much always write quickly, and my writing is really messy - but I can still read it :P

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest u sit with ur English teacher after school for 1 till 2hrs and write a few letter or essays and then he can check whether ur writing is improving or not; if it is then u can go to him whenever u both are free and if u have time; and then keep practicing on writing a article or anything which is 80 words or above; it will also help u to write fatser and smoother but consider ur ; if u gcse exams; as far as ur examiner can read what u have wriiten u will get marks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions,

My writing is illegible and writing faster using a Parker fountain pen makes it even more worse,

I have tried writing slower but in that case I will not be able to finish my paper, especially English, Religious Studies and 6 Markers in Sciences.

Can someone point me to any crash course or some other resources?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    DON'T use a gel pen. Ignore that guy - there are problems with scanning gel pens in exams.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you try different ways in holding a pen too. I found my handwriting
    had changed significantly when I used different pens with different grips and sizes. Also, as said before, try taking the time to look at different handwriting styles online and practice them. Hopefully, then , you may find a style that suits you and that also looks neat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    DON'T use a gel pen. Ignore that guy - there are problems with scanning gel pens in exams.
    Hey I wasn’t telling him to use it in the exams, just giving a suggestion, he could try it out for a while and when he starts using ballpoint pens again, it may just improve his handwriting, even a slight improvement may be the difference in being able to read it or not.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.