The GCSE journey of an introvert.Watch
As the title says, I'm an introvert and I'm currently in Year 11 preparing for my GCSEs.
I'm really not very good at introductions so I'll just move on to the important stuff:
October Mock Results:
English Language: 7
English Literature: 6+
Religious Studies: 7
English Language: 8
English Literature: 8
Religious Studies: 8
How I Revise:
English Language: Past/specimen papers
English Literature: Mindmaps, analysed quote lists, past/specimen papers
Maths: Past/specimen papers
Biology/Chemistry/Physics: Notes, review questions, past/specimen papers
Geography: Mindmaps, past/specimen papers
French: Flashcards, Duolingo, past/specimen papers
Religious Studies: Mindmaps, quote lists, past/specimen papers
I have the CGP guides for all of my subjects and often use the look, cover, write, check method. Also, I stick post-it notes/small posters on my walls with key bits of information on them.
Revision So Far:
I started revising properly just after New Year and since then I've:
- Written notes on Biology Unit 1
- Written notes on Biology Unit 2
- Written notes on Biology Unit 3
- Written notes on Biology Unit 4
- Written notes on Biology Unit 5
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 1
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 2
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 3
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 4
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 5
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 6
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 7
- Written notes on Physics Unit 1
- Written notes on Physics Unit 2
- Written notes on Physics Unit 3
- Written notes on Physics Unit 4
- Made mindmaps for Geography Unit 2A
- Written notes on Geography Physical Fieldwork
- Written notes on Geography Human Fieldwork
- Made a mindmap + analysed quote list for 'Bayonet Charge'
- Made a mindmap + analysed quote list for 'Exposure'
- Made a mindmap + analysed quote list for 'Kamikaze'
- Made a mindmap + analysed quote list for 'War Photographer'
- Made a mindmap + analysed quote list for 'Poppies'
- Done lots of French revision using the Duolingo app
- Done lots of Maths past/specimen papers
I'm going to sixth form to study A level Biology, A level Chemistry and A level Maths. I'll also be doing an EPQ on something to do with Physics, and I'm hoping to join the Science Club and the Maths Academy. After that I'm not entirely sure - but it'll be something to do with Science.
Random Stuff About Me:
- I don't really talk that much. I mean, I'll answer the register/speak to my friends if they ask me something/ask my mum about her day, but I much prefer thinking to speaking.
- Groups of people make me uncomfortable. I'm not sure why, but they just do. I prefer to spend my time with my friends or alone.
- I only have a few friends but I don't mind because they're amazing.
- I really enjoy science, maths, reading, listening to music and sport. I also like studying which I guess makes me weird.
- I'm 16 but I look like a 12 year old. I'm just under 5'4" but I'm skinny and look a lot younger than I am. Once when I was 14 the shop person at the till wouldn't let me buy a DVD with a '12' rating which was annoying and embarrassing.
- I'm extremely non-girly: I've never worn a dress/skirt or make-up/nail varnish etc. I'd much rather watch a game of football than go shopping.
- I've memorised pi up to 79 digits.
- I used to be scared of cats.
I plan to update this fairly regularly, so feel free to watch
Best of luck with your GCSE's, by the look of your mock results, you seem to be on track to achieving your target grades
You seem to be very organised with your record of revision already.