Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm looking at accommodation for northumbria and i have narrowed it down to The Shield and New Bridge Street.

Please can you give me some advice on my decision and hopefully make my life easier.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    I'm looking to apply for my accommodation by Monday.

Thank you!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evehamiltonx)
    Hi
    I'm looking at accommodation for northumbria and i have narrowed it down to The Shield and New Bridge Street.

Please can you give me some advice on my decision and hopefully make my life easier.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    I'm looking to apply for my accommodation by Monday.

Thank you!
    Hi Eve!

Unfortunately i havent stayed in either accommodation before but have seen both of them. Both of them arnt too far away from the University itself. New Bridge Street is a very nice accommodation, i remember it being the one i wanted to go to one of the those that i saw. It is also part of the University also, and the team there are very friendly and all lovely. I havent spoken to any thus far that hasnt liked New Bridge Street, everyone I know has enjoyed their time there! With it being part of the university also you go through the university process of accommodation selection rather than the private halls one.

The Shield is a Private Halls accommodation, never been inside it but from the outside it does look very nice! I know they have been holding open days there recently so it might be worth having a look round or asking them if they can send you any more photos of it.

From my experience most people tend to go with the University Halls for first year as its a good way to meet more people who are all in the same situation as you coming to University. I dont know anyone whos lived in private accommodation first year so would be unable to tell you there experiences on it.

I hope that answers your question on it and helps you decide on accomodation, anymore questions let me know

University open days

• Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.