Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Current situation:

Studying 3 a-levels at sixthform but failing one badly and predicted to fail it. I don’t like the subject and i never will.

I want to drop it but I need 3 a-levels. So I think it’s best that I start year 12 again but at a different sixthform come September and change my a-level choices.
    My parents totally agree that this is the right decision as my brother did a similar thing and it worked out great.
    The only thing I’m worried about is telling my school. Can they say I’m not allowed to do that ?
    Will they let me continue studying even if it’s for nothing ?

Any advice/answers would be super helpful as I’m feeling super anxious.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I haven't personally been through what you have but by the sounds of it I would agree with your choice to leave. I have friends who have restarted two of their A Levels (so from year 12) but have continued one subject through in year 13 at the same school, so that could be an option for your sixth form? (That would have to be something you asked your specific school though). However, they cannot stop you from leaving as long as you continue to another education setting. I would let them know in advance before you leave though and tell them that you have thought about it a lot and will not be changing your mind (as it's likely they would try to convince you to stay).

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    This is really helpful, thank you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.