Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get student finance again if I dropped out of first year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dropped out in my first year as I didn't like the course. I was wondering would I still be able to get the student finance for my new course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by thomaso_98)
    I dropped out in my first year as I didn't like the course. I was wondering would I still be able to get the student finance for my new course?
    Hi Thomas,

The rules regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their new course plus 1 extra year, minus any previous study.
    Remaining years of ordinary entitlement will be awarded in the final years of the course. This means if the remaining entitlement for a 3 year course is 2 years, then the student would receive full funding in years 2 and 3. In year 1, in this case, they would received Maintenance Loan only.
    So if you have 1 year of previous study and you wish to complete a new 3 year course the calculation would be as below.
    3+1=4-1=3 years full funding remaining to complete your new course.

Thanks

Louise

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.