Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the OU Psychology course? My partner is considering starting the (Bsc) Psychology but she is concerned about the mathematical content. She has a C in Maths at GCSE.

She has numerous other qualifications at both level 2/3. How heavy is the mathematical content with the OU? Is it just stat and standard deviation?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the OU Psychology course? My partner is considering starting the (Bsc) Psychology but she is concerned about the mathematical content. She has a C in Maths at GCSE.

She has numerous other qualifications at both level 2/3. How heavy is the mathematical content with the OU? Is it just stat and standard deviation?
    Hey

I started this in October and so far, the level that's expected, I'd say, is at GCSE Maths level. From what I'm aware, the vast majority of the Maths is percentages, statistics, data management and interpreting data and graphs etc. I have a C in Maths too. There's nothing stopping you using a calculator too! Many people who have done and are currently doing this degree may not even have a Maths GCSE or did it years ago but they manage it. I'm sure she'll be fine. The OU are very gradual in their learning and start from the very basics and they go over how to do percentages and how to interpret data. You're taught everything you need, including the Maths!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.