Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stuck at home with a abusive parent. watch

Announcements

I've been living at home with my mum and for the last 1/2 years she has verbal abused me. My mental health is declining and my dad divorced her recently because of it, It's like im being bullied by my own mother, the stuff that she calls me is so toxic and evil. I'm leaving for uni in September and i can't wait that long. I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for you to move in with your Dad? Or stay with a friend?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Cant you move out, tell a friend teacher etc and get help because that is horrible thing to happen
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been living at home with my mum and for the last 1/2 years she has verbal abused me. My mental health is declining and my dad divorced her recently because of it, It's like im being bullied by my own mother, the stuff that she calls me is so toxic and evil. I'm leaving for uni in September and i can't wait that long. I don't know what to do.
    Have a talk to childline, your school, a doctor, the police or somebody like that. Childline can be a great first call because you don't know them so don't have to worry about them having judged the situation already, they know about child/ teen/ young adult issues and relationships, they are 100% there for you and your best interest and they can help you report things or talk to other people about it if you want.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.