Turn on thread page Beta

Is there something wrong with my mental health? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to start off by saying I have NOT seen a doctor about this, although I have been accepted into CAMHS (child & adolescent mental health service), and I receive counselling sessions whenever it's possible.

I have frequent hallucinations including seeing people, generally people I've become attached to over the internet and sometimes their family members if I know of them.
    Also I hear alarms that'll cause me to go into a state of shock, which I won't get out of fully for the rest of the day. I heard my first voice a few days ago and it just wouldn't allow me to concentrate on anything for the rest of the night.

I've lost interest in most things, my mood is all over the place, and my one full emotion that I have is like a numbness. It's as if I've been hit so many times I just don't feel it anymore. My facial expressions don't really change that often.

I've become more and more shy, my confidence levels have dropped rapidly over the past 6 months and I now can't go out the house or to school without some type of anxiety toy or anti-nausea medication to calm me down.

My sleeping pattern has gotten muddled and I often have nightmares about death, not necessarily mine, but the idea of it. Throughout these dreams I'll smell blood and awful death-related scents that won't go away even after I wake up. And they're extremely vivid, I haven't forgotten any of them.

My eating habits are jacked up. Sometimes I'll go days and days and all I'll eat is 1 meal a day, whereas other days I'll eat tiny amounts and feel so full after each bite, and other days I won't stop eating.

I don't really know what to do anymore, so if anyone has anything they can tell me, I'd really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    It’s not what you’re looking for, but definitely see a doctor about this. Probably a psychiatrist is the best way to go. The longer we leave things like this untreated the worse it gets. It sounds like it’s really affecting your life and the sooner you see a professional, the better.

I had an average (not the best but far from the worst) experience with CAMHS, try talking to them about seeing a psychiatrist. It’s scary as hell to make that step but it will be worth it :hugs:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.