Turn on thread page Beta

We have been messaging daily with each other during my holiday with family. Now that I am coming back he start saying he will have to go to university every day to finish essays. So, I asked if we he would still have time to meet together and he says yes but perhaps during the weekend as he will be going to university during the week. I am starting to think that I’m not so important for him and friends are still placed infront of me which is heartbreaking. I would expect the time I was away he would want to finish pending essays and would be desperate to see me but instead he seemed to party and do other things during the time I was away. I’m not sure if I’m friend or what anymore as after 3 months I would expect different reaction towards me. Please give me some advice and your thoughts/experiences
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been messaging daily with each other during my holiday with family. Now that I am coming back he start saying he will have to go to university every day to finish essays. So, I asked if we he would still have time to meet together and he says yes but perhaps during the weekend as he will be going to university during the week. I am starting to think that I’m not so important for him and friends are still placed infront of me which is heartbreaking. I would expect the time I was away he would want to finish pending essays and would be desperate to see me but instead he seemed to party and do other things during the time I was away. I’m not sure if I’m friend or what anymore as after 3 months I would expect different reaction towards me. Please give me some advice and your thoughts/experiences
    He says he going to university to finish his essays. Where did you get the impression that he is placing his friends at a higher priority than you? You were away, he enjoyed himself and carried on with his life as you did when you went on holiday. Maybe he did do some work while you were away and is trying his best to finish it off. Either way, you're expecting too much from him and want him to push all your buttons.

You are overthinking things for no reason here. Just because you went on holiday, doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself. I'm guessing you're the girlfriend but he has a life outside of meeting you.

I understand this! It’s frustrating not knowing what they think.. no one seems to give a straight answer nowadays! I would simply just either address the issue and tell him how you feel or just not message him as frequently then it will be clear to see if he cares enough. I think he’s probably going to put his friends first before you’re really serious, I know that sounds harsh but it’s happened to me! If it’s meant to be it’ll will be just fine in the end! I hope I’ve helped a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    He says he going to university to finish his essays. Where did you get the impression that he is placing his friends at a higher priority than you? You were away, he enjoyed himself and carried on with his life as you did when you went on holiday. Maybe he did do some work while you were away and is trying his best to finish it off. Either way, you're expecting too much from him and want him to push all your buttons.

You are overthinking things for no reason here. Just because you went on holiday, doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself. I'm guessing you're the girlfriend but he has a life outside of meeting you.
    that's definitely true.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    talk to your man about it and if it don't work out think about putting your time somewhere else.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I understand this! It’s frustrating not knowing what they think.. no one seems to give a straight answer nowadays! I would simply just either address the issue and tell him how you feel or just not message him as frequently then it will be clear to see if he cares enough. I think he’s probably going to put his friends first before you’re really serious, I know that sounds harsh but it’s happened to me! If it’s meant to be it’ll will be just fine in the end! I hope I’ve helped a little
    Yes I think I ll make myself a little break to see if I’m the one that he genuinely cares about or have me just because he is scared to admit anything. I wish he was serious but now because of his attitude I’m beginning to think he has some and hides or just doesn’t care about getting serious and prefers to be a bit more that just friends and not get into real relationships which I rather be told and know than left wondering and assuming

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.