The Student Room Group

My brain hasn't 'clicked'...

My GCSEs are now 3 months away, yet I don't feel the need to revise when I know I should (I know this sounds weird lol). I just don't feel like revising.
How do I make this stop? How do I make my self WANT to revise and focus on revising non stop?
Please no comments about setting up a "reward system", those really do not work for me.

Thanks in advance.
You will regret not revising, trust me. You will not magically do well in the exams, in fact you will probably fail.
No one ever really wants to revise. It's a case of forcing yourself to sit down and just get on with it. If you develop a routine of doing a little bit each day it'll become easier to get yourself into the right headspace.
Reply 3
Original post by HighFructose
You will regret not revising, trust me. You will not magically do well in the exams, in fact you will probably fail.

I know it kind of sounds stupid but I do realise this, it's just it isn't affecting me. I don't even know lol
Reply 4
I felt the same 🙃 so I made a timetable of all my exams (for gcse) and I pinned it up in front of my bed. It kinda motivates me a bit more as I actually have started to revise
Just sit down and do the work no matter what. You get used pretty quickly (at least in my experience).
Reply 6
Just do it.
Trust me, it never ~clicked~ for me and I swam through exam season without really feeling it. It feels weird, but I revised anyway bc the fact that it was coming up was staring me in the face, whether I felt it or not.
Original post by Sogstar
I know it kind of sounds stupid but I do realise this, it's just it isn't affecting me. I don't even know lol

If it doesn't affect you, it's because you don't have a purpose. A set goal that you want to achieve and you know that this is a necessity to achieve that specific goal.

For me right now, I am revising for GCSE Maths as this is a condition of my university offer, I know that if I don't achieve my grade, I will lose my place.
you could go for an anti-reward system aha: punishments for NOT doing the work. or not, they're pretty similar to reward systems.
uhm, you could set continuing alarms to work, or clear a time each day (eg. from 4 till 5) to sit down and work- or a whole timetable, although that's more difficult to stick to. make it interesting!- draw colourful diagrams, make those really beautiful pinterest-esque notes, do games/ quizzes online (kahoot, educake, mymaths, duolingo etc.).
maybe make an inspiration board of things you want to achieve, particularly career-wise; you're not likely to reach them if you don't work hard. get your friends to ignore you at certain times when you want to study, or just turn off your phone/ log out of social media altogether- there are apps you can get which wipe study distractions from your phone at set times as well.

Quick Reply

Latest