Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs are now 3 months away, yet I don't feel the need to revise when I know I should (I know this sounds weird lol). I just don't feel like revising.
    How do I make this stop? How do I make my self WANT to revise and focus on revising non stop?
    Please no comments about setting up a "reward system", those really do not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You will regret not revising, trust me. You will not magically do well in the exams, in fact you will probably fail.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No one ever really wants to revise. It's a case of forcing yourself to sit down and just get on with it. If you develop a routine of doing a little bit each day it'll become easier to get yourself into the right headspace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighFructose)
    You will regret not revising, trust me. You will not magically do well in the exams, in fact you will probably fail.
    I know it kind of sounds stupid but I do realise this, it's just it isn't affecting me. I don't even know lol

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same 🙃 so I made a timetable of all my exams (for gcse) and I pinned it up in front of my bed. It kinda motivates me a bit more as I actually have started to revise

ReputationRep:
    Just sit down and do the work no matter what. You get used pretty quickly (at least in my experience).

ReputationRep:
    Just do it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, it never ~clicked~ for me and I swam through exam season without really feeling it. It feels weird, but I revised anyway bc the fact that it was coming up was staring me in the face, whether I felt it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sogstar)
    I know it kind of sounds stupid but I do realise this, it's just it isn't affecting me. I don't even know lol
    If it doesn't affect you, it's because you don't have a purpose. A set goal that you want to achieve and you know that this is a necessity to achieve that specific goal.

For me right now, I am revising for GCSE Maths as this is a condition of my university offer, I know that if I don't achieve my grade, I will lose my place.

ReputationRep:
    you could go for an anti-reward system aha: punishments for NOT doing the work. or not, they're pretty similar to reward systems.
    uhm, you could set continuing alarms to work, or clear a time each day (eg. from 4 till 5) to sit down and work- or a whole timetable, although that's more difficult to stick to. make it interesting!- draw colourful diagrams, make those really beautiful pinterest-esque notes, do games/ quizzes online (kahoot, educake, mymaths, duolingo etc.).
    maybe make an inspiration board of things you want to achieve, particularly career-wise; you're not likely to reach them if you don't work hard. get your friends to ignore you at certain times when you want to study, or just turn off your phone/ log out of social media altogether- there are apps you can get which wipe study distractions from your phone at set times as well.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.