Turn on thread page Beta

How to revise Spanish speaking for gcse watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a speaking mock pretty soon and we’ve barely ever done much speaking... mostly picture based questions and answers

I struggle a lot on vocab.... any suggestions that might help???

ReputationRep:
    Hi I done national 5 ( scottish equivalent to GCSE) spanish for a few months last year, to learn vocab I used an app called quizlet I would definitely try it, it’s just a flash card app but there is lots of different ways to learn on quizlet. You could also make flash cards and write the spanish word one side of the flash card and a picture of the thing on the other side. This can help you as it will make you associate the thing with the word and help you remember the word and what it means. This method is also helpful because you’re not just looking at words all the time you’re looking at pictures too so studying doesn’t get too boring. You could also try putting post-it notes with the words (in English) around your house and every time you walk past the post-it note you can say the word in Spanish. Hope this makes sense and helps you learn vocab 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ps. I just seen the part where you said it was a speaking test. What I used to do was draw lines on a flash card like a line to represent each word and add a few words in to help me remember the rest of the sentence (e.g. hola ___ ______ ________ ______, vivo __ ____ padres.) sorry don’t know if that makes any sense and sorry about the spanish i only remember a few words as I haven’t done it for a while.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sreshtha)
    I have a speaking mock pretty soon and we’ve barely ever done much speaking... mostly picture based questions and answers

I struggle a lot on vocab.... any suggestions that might help???
    Listening to Spanish radio can improve your speaking ability
    Vocab wise for me, its all just reading Spanish things, writing down vocab you don't know, remembering the cool words you learned.
    I used to read Spanish articles on elpais

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowtestbeta)
    Listening to Spanish radio can improve your speaking ability
    Vocab wise for me, its all just reading Spanish things, writing down vocab you don't know, remembering the cool words you learned.
    I used to read Spanish articles on elpais
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie040902)
    ps. I just seen the part where you said it was a speaking test. What i used to do was draw lines on a flash card like a line to represent each word and add a few words in to help me remember the rest of the sentence (e.g. Hola ___ ______ ________ ______, vivo __ ____ padres.) sorry don’t know if that makes any sense and sorry about the spanish i only remember a few words as i haven’t done it for a while.
    thank you ☺️

ReputationRep:
    hi!! apart from what everyone else is saying, i'd also say to expand your answers! for example:

tienes una dieta sana? (do you have a healthy diet?)

instead of saying:
    sí, yo como frutas y verduras todos los días. (yes, i eat fruts and vegetables everyday)

you can say:
    intento tener una dieta sana comiendo frutas y verduras todos los días. pero, siempre yo como chocolate y comida basura. (i try to have a healthy diet by eating fruits and vegetables every day. but, I always eat chocolate and junk food.)

that being said, revise connectives (like así que, ya que, aunque ect...) through flashcards, quizlet ect...

do you know the topics you're studying for spanish? if you do, then think of potential questions you could be asked on that topic, for example module 8 (for me at least) is holidays and travel, so they could ask me where i went in my last holiday, what i did, where i want to go ect... if you don't, i'm doing aqa spanish so you can ask me also, make a word bank on words relating to each topic. relating back to module 8, you can learn words that you would associate with holidays, like la playa, el clima ect

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.