The Student Room Group

Help me get a job

Hi, I'm desperately looking for a part time job I've had three jobs in the past: a few months serving food at a football ground, a tutor assistant and receptionist for Kumon for two years and recently had a job in retail as an xmas temp. I've got lots of experience working and been in customer facing roles but it just doesn't seem enough to get my foot in the door for some places.
There's a few waitress and bar jobs I've found but never worked in this kind of hospitality. Can someone help me with writing my cover letter that may get me at least a couple of interviews??
Thanks.
Original post by ArcticDisco2000
Hi, I'm desperately looking for a part time job I've had three jobs in the past: a few months serving food at a football ground, a tutor assistant and receptionist for Kumon for two years and recently had a job in retail as an xmas temp. I've got lots of experience working and been in customer facing roles but it just doesn't seem enough to get my foot in the door for some places.
There's a few waitress and bar jobs I've found but never worked in this kind of hospitality. Can someone help me with writing my cover letter that may get me at least a couple of interviews??
Thanks.

Try mcdonalds. They take on a lot of students.
go on indeed.co.uk it has literally every single vacancy online
Original post by ArcticDisco2000
Thanks.

The best way to get a job is with your experience....but it’s not so much a list of experience but rather how said experience makes you a key candidate. For example you mentioned “serving food”. If you was applying for a food place, explain how this food service makes you aware of key hygiene procedures. Or how your customer service gives you excellent confidence and communication in order to interact. Your variety of work can show “quick learning and work versatility”. Perhaps if you was to present a CV in this manner. Also your cover letter should cater to the position. You can’t have a generic cover letter; it must be somewhat tailored to explain why you are best for the role; without simply extending your CV. Same goes for qualifications/educational experience; where possible, explain how these experiences make you a better selection. Good luck in your search!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending