Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Getting the Girl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I regret few things in my life, but one of them is not acting upon my feelings for a certain girl, let’s call her Alex.

I first met Alex when she completed her silver Duke of Edinburgh at a charity shop I volunteer at. Within the first few weeks I started having feelings for her but didn’t know whether I should as she is two school years below me (I’m in Y13 at Sixth Form and she’s Y11 at another school). In hindsight, I know that this age difference was completely irrelevant to our personalities.

Back in November, Alex finished her 6 month placement and on her last day I was thinking of giving her my number. However, probably due to nerves, I didn’t. Ever since I have regretted it and one of the older volunteers at the shop has even pointed out we would make a good couple.

Last month, I found Alex on Facebook, but she has her privacy settings turned on so I can’t send her a friend request. I want to contact her by messenger but I don’t know how to say hi after a few months has passed without coming on too strong.

Where do I start?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Introvert)
    I regret few things in my life, but one of them is not acting upon my feelings for a certain girl, let’s call her Alex.

I first met Alex when she completed her silver Duke of Edinburgh at a charity shop I volunteer at. Within the first few weeks I started having feelings for her but didn’t know whether I should as she is two school years below me (I’m in Y13 at Sixth Form and she’s Y11 at another school). In hindsight, I know that this age difference was completely irrelevant to our personalities.

Back in November, Alex finished her 6 month placement and on her last day I was thinking of giving her my number. However, probably due to nerves, I didn’t. Ever since I have regretted it and one of the older volunteers at the shop has even pointed out we would make a good couple.

Last month, I found Alex on Facebook, but she has her privacy settings turned on so I can’t send her a friend request. I want to contact her by messenger but I don’t know how to say hi after a few months has passed without coming on too strong.

Where do I start?
    'Hey, its ... from ... need a place to volunteer for your Gold DofE? '

Just send something, worst thing that happens is that she says nothing but it will help you move on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.