The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Commuting from London to the Medway School of Pharmacy

Hello everyone!

Long story short, Im a Canadian student who will be attending the Medway School of Pharmacy in the coming term. The thing is, I want to live in London, I've visited 8 times and would really love the opportunity to live there while I study. I was basically wondering if someone who has/will do the commute could detail for me how I would get from London (central-ish) to the school. Like which train at which stop, then which bus, etc. Ideally I'd like to live close to the train station that would get me to the school, so the location of the station would also be of huge help!

Thanks all!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ahmxdm
Hello everyone!

Long story short, Im a Canadian student who will be attending the Medway School of Pharmacy in the coming term. The thing is, I want to live in London, I've visited 8 times and would really love the opportunity to live there while I study. I was basically wondering if someone who has/will do the commute could detail for me how I would get from London (central-ish) to the school. Like which train at which stop, then which bus, etc. Ideally I'd like to live close to the train station that would get me to the school, so the location of the station would also be of huge help!

Thank you all so much, isnt it great having healthcare!

- The less crazy friend from across the pond

https://www.gre.ac.uk/about-us/travel/medway
https://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/london-st-pancras-intl-to-chatham

Decide which train station in London you want to go from and that depends on where you find a place to live. You are talking 40-60mins plus its more expensive to live in London. Doable if you really mist but you are paying for the privilege. You are aiming to get to Chatham.

Trains from London

London Victoria, Cannon Street, Charing Cross and London Bridge have frequent services to Chatham. The journey takes 45 to 60 minutes. There are a few off-peak direct services from Greenwich, and Falconwood or New Eltham (for Avery Hill Campus). Normally however a change is necessary at Charlton or Dartford. There are also regular high speed trains from London St Pancras Station to Chatham taking just 40 minutes.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by ahmxdm
Hello everyone!

Thank you all so much, isnt it great having healthcare!

- The less crazy friend from across the pond

Hello!

That's great to hear that you are joining our Medway School of Pharmacy!

We do run a university shuttle bus between our Medway and Greenwich Campus. This service is £6 for a return journey. You can take a look at the bus timetable here: https://www.gre.ac.uk/about-us/travel/bus

If you decided to look at this option you would get the chance to live in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, which offers a buzzing town along the River Thames and the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) which can take you straight into Central London in less than 30 minutes!

If you decided to live in Central London and get the train to the Medway Campus you would need to get the train to Chatham which is the closest station to the Medway campus, about a 20 minute walk. Trains run direct to Chatham from London Victoria.

Katie :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending