The Student Room Group

Is this wrong

I think I’m going to address this and see what people think please say your honest opinion

So I went on holiday (abroad) and my father had
Taken my phone and iPad away and we all went out for dinner. My dad then told me and my older brother to leave the restaurant (16)

btw I have 4 siblings 2 brothers 16 and 10 and 2 sisters 10 and 3

So once we left my brother walked away from me and I went to the beach i stayed there fo I thought 10-20 mins until this girl came over and told me it’s 3am why is a girl my age alone on the beach I had been there fo hours !! So the girl takes me to her family who take me to the police and once we find my dad he claims he searched the beach the whole rest of the holiday I was locked in my room not allowed with my family even when they go for days out and I was only fed at dinner time is this an extreme punishment?? And please say your opinions on this

I moved out after the holiday (I’m a female aged 14)
Original post by Pleasehelp890
I think I’m going to address this and see what people think please say your honest opinion

So I went on holiday (abroad) and my father had
Taken my phone and iPad away and we all went out for dinner. My dad then told me and my older brother to leave the restaurant (16)

btw I have 4 siblings 2 brothers 16 and 10 and 2 sisters 10 and 3

So once we left my brother walked away from me and I went to the beach i stayed there fo I thought 10-20 mins until this girl came over and told me it’s 3am why is a girl my age alone on the beach I had been there fo hours !! So the girl takes me to her family who take me to the police and once we find my dad he claims he searched the beach the whole rest of the holiday I was locked in my room not allowed with my family even when they go for days out and I was only fed at dinner time is this an extreme punishment?? And please say your opinions on this

I moved out after the holiday (I’m a female aged 14)

Is this cultural?
You moved out as in you left the family to live with others?

I would say if the version of you going off on your own is correct, then youd have to id why you either simply lost track of time or if you have some medical issue. Your dads version may or may not be true.

Locking you in your room sounds ridiculous. they could still have taken you out and even if you wandered off they could insist you stay with them. the only reason to justify is if there were some medical reason and you were a danger to yourself, although even then it sounds a bit extreme. Talk to your GP.

Ps it sounds like your dad has difficulty of controlling his children without over the top punishments.
why did you walk of with this stranger in the first place
Original post by Ray_Shadows
why did you walk of with this stranger in the first place

Because where I was it was still very busy at 3 and I wasn’t thinking as if I was told the time all i could think of was like has my dad just tried to get rid of me
Original post by Pleasehelp890
Because where I was it was still very busy at 3 and I wasn’t thinking as if I was told the time all i could think of was like has my dad just tried to get rid of me

oh ok , just talk to your dad about it

Quick Reply

Latest