The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE offer conditions

Hi guys, I received an offer from LSE for International history last Friday. My conditions are AAA and they also asked me to send my GCSE English Language qualification in. When I submitted my UCAS application, I was doing an EPQ and had an EPQ prediction, I also put it in my personal statement. But now that I have received the offer and EPQ is not one of my conditions, does it mean I no longer have to complete it? (I am quite a long way off from completing) If so, do I have to phone up the university and inform them this?

Thanks!!
Original post by michellyc
Hi guys, I received an offer from LSE for International history last Friday. My conditions are AAA and they also asked me to send my GCSE English Language qualification in. When I submitted my UCAS application, I was doing an EPQ and had an EPQ prediction, I also put it in my personal statement. But now that I have received the offer and EPQ is not one of my conditions, does it mean I no longer have to complete it? (I am quite a long way off from completing) If so, do I have to phone up the university and inform them this?

Thanks!!

You need to ask your universities before dropping the EPQ whether they would amend your offer. If they say no then email [email protected] to ask them to remove the EPQ from your application. When ucas confirm that they have updated your application then email each of your universities to let them know.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to ask your universities before dropping the EPQ whether they would amend your offer. If they say no then email [email protected] to ask them to remove the EPQ from your application. When ucas confirm that they have updated your application then email each of your universities to let them know.

Thanks for your reply, I am kind of panicking now:frown: I have got offers from all my universities, can they retreat their offers after giving them out because I am no longer doing an EPQ? I was just wondering, by 'amend you offer', do you mean like maybe change my conditions? or do you mean not giving me an offer at all?

Thanks!!
Thanks for your reply, I am kind of panicking now:frown: I have got offers from all my universities, can they retreat their offers after giving them out because I am no longer doing an EPQ? I was just wondering, by 'amend you offer', do you mean like maybe change my conditions? or do you mean not giving me an offer at all?

Thanks!!

If you change what you’re doing on your application then your universities are entitled to change or withdraw any offer conditions. That’s why you need to ask them before you officially drop the EPQ.

It’s rare that they would change the offer but if they say that they would you need to complete the EPQ (but that wouldn’t mean you have to put any effort in- you can get a U grade and that wouldn’t affect your offers).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you change what you’re doing on your application then your universities are entitled to change or withdraw any offer conditions. That’s why you need to ask them before you officially drop the EPQ.

It’s rare that they would change the offer but if they say that they would you need to complete the EPQ (but that wouldn’t mean you have to put any effort in- you can get a U grade and that wouldn’t affect your offers).

Wouldn't getting a grade U be a fail though? In that case I haven't got a qualification for EPQ? Do I have to achieve at least a C so that I get the EPQ qualification?

By contacting the uni, do you mean calling the uni's admission office? or calling the department that I applied for? (in my case history department) Would calling the university be informal compare to an email? Since there is no written evidence of what they said? Like what if they said in the phone call they won't change my offer but then they end up changing it?:frown: sorry I know this sounds tedious, but I am just super worried...

Thanks!!
Wouldn't getting a grade U be a fail though? In that case I haven't got a qualification for EPQ? Do I have to achieve at least a C so that I get the EPQ qualification?

By contacting the uni, do you mean calling the uni's admission office? or calling the department that I applied for? (in my case history department) Would calling the university be informal compare to an email? Since there is no written evidence of what they said? Like what if they said in the phone call they won't change my offer but then they end up changing it?:frown: sorry I know this sounds tedious, but I am just super worried...

Thanks!!

A U grade would still show that you completed the qualification listed on your application.

It doesn’t matter how you contact them - you’re just ASKING whether dropping the EPQ would mean that they would change their offer. It doesn’t commit you to dropping it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending