Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Special circumstances for student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello Student Room!

I am hoping someone who is familiar with student finance might be able to help me work out if i can get extra funding.
    I've been studying Physiotherapy in the Netherlands for the past 2 and a half years (paying the first year myself as it costs around 2000euro a year).
    However, due to personal/money circumstances I am going to live back at home in England.
    I would like to still study Physiotherapy but at an English university. I am worried that due to having already taken out 2 years worth of loans (plus an extra year as I did nursing for 1 year at an English university) would mean that i can no longer get a loan to cover the course?
    I'd really like to know what options i have!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hallg95)
    Hello Student Room!

I am hoping someone who is familiar with student finance might be able to help me work out if i can get extra funding.
    I've been studying Physiotherapy in the Netherlands for the past 2 and a half years (paying the first year myself as it costs around 2000euro a year).
    However, due to personal/money circumstances I am going to live back at home in England.
    I would like to still study Physiotherapy but at an English university. I am worried that due to having already taken out 2 years worth of loans (plus an extra year as I did nursing for 1 year at an English university) would mean that i can no longer get a loan to cover the course?
    I'd really like to know what options i have!
    You're entitled to length of course + 1 - previous years study. Part of a year counts as a full year.

You may also be able to receive an extra years funding if you have compelling personal reasons as to why you dropped out.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.