Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I need help with a couple of things.It d b great if anyone could help as im really worried and confused.
    Firstly could anybody tell me is it possible to get into uni of sheffield (MSc Accounting and Finance course) with a 2:2 bachelors degree in business management, with a couple of accounting modules?
    Secondly if you do get an offer, how hard is it to study a masters degree at sheffield for an average student? Im asking it in comparison with unis like hertfordshire, bedfordshire, kingston, oxford brookes? Im worried and i wanna know, as i really love sheffield uni, if i get admitted to sheffield will i be able to pass the course or will it b too hard for me to pass? Bcoz ive studied at an average university and got a 2.2 result so not sure if i could successfully complete a degree at a good university like sheffield(If i get admission). Really need somebodys help in this regard. Many Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's very unlikely as the requirement is for a 2:1, and the deadline for 2018 start has passed. Your degree subject would not matter.

Why not go straight into industry? This is the standard route for accountants and you can go back to an MSc after you've completed the relevant qualification, potentially with sponsorship.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3780660)
    Hello,
    I need help with a couple of things.It d b great if anyone could help as im really worried and confused.
    Firstly could anybody tell me is it possible to get into uni of sheffield (MSc Accounting and Finance course) with a 2:2 bachelors degree in business management, with a couple of accounting modules?
    Secondly if you do get an offer, how hard is it to study a masters degree at sheffield for an average student? Im asking it in comparison with unis like hertfordshire, bedfordshire, kingston, oxford brookes? Im worried and i wanna know, as i really love sheffield uni, if i get admitted to sheffield will i be able to pass the course or will it b too hard for me to pass? Bcoz ive studied at an average university and got a 2.2 result so not sure if i could successfully complete a degree at a good university like sheffield(If i get admission). Really need somebodys help in this regard. Many Thanks
    1. Type properly.
    2. If you are hoping to do an MSc to prop up an otherwise poor academic resume, then for finance, go to a london university the network there will be far better. If you are looking at Sheffield, you should be looking at UCL and KCL too...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 17, 2018

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.