Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Masters with a 2:2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I need help with a couple of things.It d b great if anyone could help as im really worried and confused.
    Firstly could anybody tell me is it possible to get into uni of sheffield (MSc Accounting and Finance course) with a 2:2 bachelors degree in business management, with a couple of accounting modules?
    Secondly if you do get an offer, how hard is it to study a masters degree at sheffield for an average student? Im asking it in comparison with unis like hertfordshire, bedfordshire, kingston, oxford brookes? Im worried and i wanna know, as i really love sheffield uni, if i get admitted to sheffield will i be able to pass the course or will it b too hard for me to pass? Bcoz ive studied at an average university and got a 2.2 result so not sure if i could successfully complete a degree at a good university like sheffield(If i get admission). Really need somebodys help in this regard. Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proud Anglophile)
    Hello,
    I need help with a couple of things.It d b great if anyone could help as im really worried and confused.
    Firstly could anybody tell me is it possible to get into uni of sheffield (MSc Accounting and Finance course) with a 2:2 bachelors degree in business management, with a couple of accounting modules?
    Secondly if you do get an offer, how hard is it to study a masters degree at sheffield for an average student? Im asking it in comparison with unis like hertfordshire, bedfordshire, kingston, oxford brookes? Im worried and i wanna know, as i really love sheffield uni, if i get admitted to sheffield will i be able to pass the course or will it b too hard for me to pass? Bcoz ive studied at an average university and got a 2.2 result so not sure if i could successfully complete a degree at a good university like sheffield(If i get admission). Really need somebodys help in this regard. Many Thanks
    Sheffield say they want a 2.1:
    https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/manageme...counting#tab04

They also say they are closed for 2018 entry:
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/managemen...and_accounting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. They are probably closed for feb intake. I wanna start in sep. Yeah and they do ask for a 2.1 but i also have a little experience in accounting sector. Will that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proud Anglophile)
    Thanks for the reply. They are probably closed for feb intake. I wanna start in sep. Yeah and they do ask for a 2.1 but i also have a little experience in accounting sector. Will that help?
    Do they have a February intake? I couldn't see any mention of one.

The only way you will find out is by applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get hold of their admissions officer and ask.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.