Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What haven’t I gotten my period yet ? watch

I’m 11 and it’s been 34 days since my last period and I’m a virgin of course but I have been really active is that the reason or what plz help

ReputationRep:
    The cycle isn't exact, its not every 28 days on the dot so you don't need to worry. Also, you're 11 so you're young, the cycle is all over the place at this point in you're life. I wouldn't stress too much, as you're body is getting "used" to periods. If you get concerned, just ask your parents or school health person to reassure you - or even go to your doctor to double check, but just know for some females periods come for different lengths of time and go for different lengths of time.
    Hope this helps.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Women and girls with a very low amount of body fat can often find their periods stop, but I strongly suspect this is an age thing: once they've started having periods, most find it takes a while - as in two or three years - for their cycle to become regular.

Try to stop worrying and make sure you have some discrete pads in case it starts unexpectedly.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, your bodys just starting to have periods, it will eventually get into a routine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m 11 and it’s been 34 days since my last period and I’m a virgin of course but I have been really active is that the reason or what plz help
    Unlike usual belief, periods aren't always exactly a month in between. It also usually doesn't become regular instantly either.

Your periods have just started and your body is trying to adjust to this and learn how to deal with it. It may happen that you won't have another period for months or another may start in just a couple of days.

Don't worry about whether you're having your period on time or not because your body doesn't know what "on time" is yet.

Just listen to your body to know when your period will start to avoid embarrassment at school. Think of symptoms you may have had before your first period, things like headaches, feeling bloated or general ache around the stomach. If you feel them, you can put a pad on your underwear before you leave just in case. If you notice it in school, then talk to a nurse or a female teacher, they should be able to help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.