The Student Room Group

Pubblic Bathrooms?

Hi there
I am a black African girl at her first year of a level and I have been worrying over some aspects of university life. I have posted a thread before about my hair but this is about hygiene.
Are the shower rooms public and his there a time to go there, at Uni?
I know it may seem silly but I am freaking out here overanalysing aspect of my life that will change at university.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
The shower rooms have cubicles so people don't see you (if that is what you mean by public). You can use the showers whenever you like.
Original post by chonlatorn
Hi there
I am a black African girl at her first year of a level and I have been worrying over some aspects of university life. I have posted a thread before about my hair but this is about hygiene.
Are the shower rooms public and his there a time to go there, at Uni?
I know it may seem silly but I am freaking out here overanalysing aspect of my life that will change at university.

You should have showers at your accommodation which will be standard, private showers.

What kind of accommodation have you booked?
It depends on the type of accommodation you have. If you have an ensuite, then you'll get your own private shower. If you have a shared flat/house, then you'll have a bathroom (just like at home) that other people can use, but there will be a lock on the door for when you use it. If it's halls, then there's probably communal showers, so like toilets in school/public, with cubicles or curtains.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending