Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my parents are separated and I live with my mum who works a part time job and is paid an hourly wage.

obviously this is not a lot of money but we get by because my dad, who does not live with me, has a high paying job and can help support us.

do I have to mention the support we receive from my dad? it seems unfair and dishonest to not include it, however his salary would mean I'd be on one of the lowest possible loans and despite him having a good job, he is supporting two households and therefore has no money spare to put me through uni.

I'm not sure how it all works but I've heard it's all just based on household income.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by perspectives)
    my parents are separated and I live with my mum who works a part time job and is paid an hourly wage.

obviously this is not a lot of money but we get by because my dad, who does not live with me, has a high paying job and can help support us.

do I have to mention the support we receive from my dad? it seems unfair and dishonest to not include it, however his salary would mean I'd be on one of the lowest possible loans and despite him having a good job, he is supporting two households and therefore has no money spare to put me through uni.

I'm not sure how it all works but I've heard it's all just based on household income.
    Hi perspective,
    If you wish your Student Finance application to be Means Tested(based on household income). We would assess your funding based on the parent that you live with or have most contact with in your case this would be your Mother.
    If your Mother receives child maintenance payments from your father in support of you then you would declare these under your income on the application in section 8, but this will not be taken into account when assessing your Student Finance.

Thanks

Louise

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.