Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have received offers from King's college, London, university of bath, university of Birmingham, Aston university and university of exeter in the Entrepreneurship program.i am really confused as to which university should i select to get into.any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Exeter or Bath
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Exeter,Bath,Birmingham are in the same “basket”. When looking for a job it would mean the same. So, it is more about where the student experience is the best, and that would be Exeter.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lavishjain1020)
    i have received offers from King's college, London, university of bath, university of Birmingham, Aston university and university of exeter in the Entrepreneurship program.i am really confused as to which university should i select to get into.any advice?
    Hey!!

Congratulations on receiving your offers, that's great news! I'm in my second year studying Management at Bath so hopefully I can offer you some advice based on my experience.

Choosing your firm choice is a big commitment and you definitely shouldn't rush your decision. If you want to be logical, you could try making a pros and cons list of each of your choices, but ultimately, I really do stand by visiting the university as getting a feel for the place can be really important.

I chose to study Management at Bath after a lot of thought - I was doubtful about meeting the grades as Bath was my highest offer, but I really liked the university when I came to the applicant day and I can definitely say I don’t have any regrets about my decision (easy to say in hindsight, I know!) but I really love Bath.

As I mentioned earlier, I visited Bath on an Applicant Visit Day, so I got to meet other offer holders and the staff in the School of Management. I think the best thing about this was that you got to talk to the sort of people that you'd be working with on your course and you can gauge if you'd get on with them and if you would enjoy lectures with the staff. Also, you often get the chance to go on a campus tour where you can ask students about their experiences which can really help your decision!

Another piece of advice is to look at the modules – do they interest you? Secondly, look at the types of assessment - at Bath it is about 50% coursework and 50% exams for Management so it can be good to think about what you enjoy most/what you perform best in!

One main reason that people choose to study a Management subject at Bath is because of the placement scheme. After second year, most students will go on a 12-month placement and then return to Bath for their final year of study. This can be really good for your employability as you can get a whole years’ experience working in industry before you’ve even graduated. Bath have a lot of connections with employers who sometimes take on placement students from Bath specifically. Just to give you an idea, there are roles at Loreal, Disney, Microsoft, Dyson, Lloyds, Amazon, Bosch, Jaguar Land Rover, GSK, Unilever, Harrods, Aldi, Mondelez and so many more – lots of start-ups too if this interests you as an entrepreneur!

If you have any more questions, just quote me. Good luck with your exams!

Alice
    2nd Year Management

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.