Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm an organ donor on the NHS but I'm kinda confused.

I signed up about a year ago and I told my family a year ago but they've probably forgotten now, so does that mean if I died tomorrow they wouldn't take my organs as my family would think that I wasn't a donor? or do the hospitals and stuff have a computer system that can check if the dead person is a donor? It's just I would like my organs to be donated once I die but I'm worried that my family will have forgotten and it won't happen.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm an organ donor on the NHS but I'm kinda confused.

I signed up about a year ago and I told my family a year ago but they've probably forgotten now, so does that mean if I died tomorrow they wouldn't take my organs as my family would think that I wasn't a donor? or do the hospitals and stuff have a computer system that can check if the dead person is a donor? It's just I would like my organs to be donated once I die but I'm worried that my family will have forgotten and it won't happen.
    No, you're still on the organ donor register so the hospitals will know. The reason they ask you to talk to your family is to make sure that they are ok with it, as if they disagree with your decision they can stop your organs being donated even if you're on the register. If you talked to them about it before and they didn't have any issues with it then you're fine, and there's no reason it won't happen.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.