YouMadBro!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The spec for Edexcel Chemistry says, "understand reasons for the shapes of, and bond angles in, simple molecules and ions with up to six outer pairs of electrons (any combination of bonding pairs and lone pairs) Examples should include BeCl2, BCl3, CH4, NH3, NH4 +, H2O, CO2, PCl5(g) and SF6(g) and related molecules and ions; as well as simple organic molecules in this specification."
This is my predicament.
In the CGP textbook for A Level Edexcel Chemistry (2015), they cover a wide range of shapes of molecules. An example being ClF3 which has a bond angle of 87.5 degrees.
However, in the textbook endorsed by Edexcel for A Level Edexcel Chemistry (2015), which was provided to me by the school, they do not mention a shape like this.
My question is do I have to learn the shape of this molecule as well or am I not going to be tested on it?
charco
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by YouMadBro!)
The spec for Edexcel Chemistry says, "understand reasons for the shapes of, and bond angles in, simple molecules and ions with up to six outer pairs of electrons (any combination of bonding pairs and lone pairs) Examples should include BeCl2, BCl3, CH4, NH3, NH4 +, H2O, CO2, PCl5(g) and SF6(g) and related molecules and ions; as well as simple organic molecules in this specification."
This is my predicament.
In the CGP textbook for A Level Edexcel Chemistry (2015), they cover a wide range of shapes of molecules. An example being ClF3 which has a bond angle of 87.5 degrees.
However, in the textbook endorsed by Edexcel for A Level Edexcel Chemistry (2015), which was provided to me by the school, they do not mention a shape like this.
My question is do I have to learn the shape of this molecule as well or am I not going to be tested on it?
look up your specification on the internet.
YouMadBro!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by charco)
look up your specification on the internet.
I showed you the specification, I think it's quite ambiguous in what they want the students to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads