Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I a rebound? watch

Announcements

The guy I have been dating for nearly two months has come out of a long term relationship not too long ago (around 3/4 months). They were together for 5 years and I believe they broke up because they wanted different things. When I asked him about it he said he was upset about it for a month but was now ready to see what else was out there. When I went to his house there was a photo of her still in his room and when I questioned it he said that it had been there for so long that he had forgotten about it and moved it immediately.

When we are together (or even when we are apart) I have never been made to feel like a rebound but I can't shift this nagging thought I've only had since this morning. We are starting to talk about commitment and getting into a relationship which causes me major anxiety anyway so I am unsure if it is just anxiety or if there is something else going on
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The guy I have been dating for nearly two months has come out of a long term relationship not too long ago (around 3/4 months). They were together for 5 years and I believe they broke up because they wanted different things. When I asked him about it he said he was upset about it for a month but was now ready to see what else was out there. When I went to his house there was a photo of her still in his room and when I questioned it he said that it had been there for so long that he had forgotten about it and moved it immediately.

When we are together (or even when we are apart) I have never been made to feel like a rebound but I can't shift this nagging thought I've only had since this morning. We are starting to talk about commitment and getting into a relationship which causes me major anxiety anyway so I am unsure if it is just anxiety or if there is something else going on
    Does he still have her number? Does he interact with her?

It's tricky to say but I get why you'd think that given the length of the relationship

Also, do you look or act like that person in anyway? Similar interests etc.

ReputationRep:
    If he still has photos of her then yh you're his rebound
    Sad I know

(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Does he still have her number? Does he interact with her?

It's tricky to say but I get why you'd think that given the length of the relationship

Also, do you look or act like that person in anyway? Similar interests etc.
    Not that I know of no. I know he saw her recently (she works on public transport and he needed to get home so it was kind of inevitable)

I don't know the person but we don't look similar just the same hair colour and a similar height

I just asked why they ended and he said that she wanted more of a commitment than he was willing to give her so he eventually fell out of love

Can one of the mods delete this please?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.