The Student Room Group

Is this a good combination of a levels??

So next year (well this September) I’ve applied to do Spanish, Biology and Psychology. I got a 6 in the moc for Biology, a 4 for Spanish (I didn’t revise at all and surprisingly passed) and I’m predicted an A for Sociology and I’ve always been interested in psychology but it wasn’t offered at gcse so I stuck with sociology. I didn’t revise for my Spanish mock however most people in the class failed, and a few got 5’s so I was pretty happy with a 4 without revising. However recently, I’ve discovered a big passion for Spanish, I love the subject, I want to speak it fluently and I’m interested about their culture. I’ve also paired this with biology and psychology as on UCAS it said if you get an A in psychology at a level it cancels out needing chemistry at a level and I don’t like chemistry. I would want to do immunology. So I’ve either got the Spanish teacher/tutor route or immunologist route. Is this a good combo of a levels? What’s the workload like for those taking these subjects or at least 1 of them??
Original post by Beth286
So next year (well this September) I’ve applied to do Spanish, Biology and Psychology. I got a 6 in the moc for Biology, a 4 for Spanish (I didn’t revise at all and surprisingly passed) and I’m predicted an A for Sociology and I’ve always been interested in psychology but it wasn’t offered at gcse so I stuck with sociology. I didn’t revise for my Spanish mock however most people in the class failed, and a few got 5’s so I was pretty happy with a 4 without revising. However recently, I’ve discovered a big passion for Spanish, I love the subject, I want to speak it fluently and I’m interested about their culture. I’ve also paired this with biology and psychology as on UCAS it said if you get an A in psychology at a level it cancels out needing chemistry at a level and I don’t like chemistry. I would want to do immunology. So I’ve either got the Spanish teacher/tutor route or immunologist route. Is this a good combo of a levels? What’s the workload like for those taking these subjects or at least 1 of them??

It depends .

Are they the subjects that interest you and you will get the best grades in?

Do you have a particular degree in mind?

Chemistry is an A level that goes very well with Biology. No pont if you hate it or are poor at it though.

Your A level combination needs to meet the entrance requirements for the degree course you wish to do. That is why you need to check.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices

Quick Reply

Latest