Turn on thread page Beta

Second thoughts, and anxiety over potentially starting a new job watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Long story short, I (or much rather, my team as a whole) lost my job or put more nicely - made redundant. This in effect made me somewhat depressed as I really enjoyed that previous job and it was somewhat "easy" for me. I loved the office I was in, and the people I worked with.

Then after a couple of months, I started becoming "broke" as I didn't have a form of income and of course even more depressed. With a lot of job rejections from interviews and what not, I gave up on everything at one point.

However, recently I've been going to more interviews as more employers have been expressing their interest. Every interview I have been going to this year, naturally in the interview I feel scared and as if I don't really belong there. But recently, I went to a job interview and it seems to be that I will be getting it.

I feel so anxious, scared and nervous about going to work if I start. Is it normal to feel anxious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newmanlife)
    Hi,

Long story short, I (or much rather, my team as a whole) lost my job or put more nicely - made redundant. This in effect made me somewhat depressed as I really enjoyed that previous job and it was somewhat "easy" for me. I loved the office I was in, and the people I worked with.

Then after a couple of months, I started becoming "broke" as I didn't have a form of income and of course even more depressed. With a lot of job rejections from interviews and what not, I gave up on everything at one point.

However, recently I've been going to more interviews as more employers have been expressing their interest. Every interview I have been going to this year, naturally in the interview I feel scared and as if I don't really belong there. But recently, I went to a job interview and it seems to be that I will be getting it.

I feel so anxious, scared and nervous about going to work if I start. Is it normal to feel anxious?
    of course, it is normal just like when the child is nervous on his first day of school, but you have experienced this before and you know how you overreact when you go somewhere new. But think about it was that bad during school? how long did it take to make friends? it is not that difficult you will just blend in and make friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myriam18)
    of course, it is normal just like when the child is nervous on his first day of school, but you have experienced this before and you know how you overreact when you go somewhere new. But think about it was that bad during school? how long did it take to make friends? it is not that difficult you will just blend in and make friends.
    Yeah I guess.

With this new role, I need to learn it all from scratch pretty much and I think they know that. I am junior and don't have a lot of experience.

They told HR and myself really, that they would have to invest a lot of time in me and that it would be worth it if I was there for the long run. I had an interviewer express this concern to me, because what they don't want is someone who leaves after a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newmanlife)
    Yeah I guess.

With this new role, I need to learn it all from scratch pretty much and I think they know that. I am junior and don't have a lot of experience.

They told HR and myself really, that they would have to invest a lot of time in me and that it would be worth it if I was there for the long run. I had an interviewer express this concern to me, because what they don't want is someone who leaves after a year
    Oh I see!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.